CloudFlare issues.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CloudFlare issues....

Quote Originally Posted by FCC Admin View Post
    If you're on IE, give this a try and let me know if this worked:

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab>Custom Level button>Display Mixed Content>Enable (was set to "Prompt")

Ed
    Thanks Ed,
    I just checked. Display Mixed Content is already (currently) set to Enable, so I did not change it.

Administrator
    Grab me a screenshot of this the next time this happens.
    524 errors are unique to each user and a simple refresh should make the error go away.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by FCC Admin View Post
    Grab me a screenshot of this the next time this happens.
    524 errors are unique to each user and a simple refresh should make the error go away.

Ed
    Honestly, I have no idea why FCC (or CloudFlare) believes this to be a 524 error?!
    That's borderline ridiculous. (And I never mentioned getting this error, which BTW, I am not.)

I've received maybe a dozen or so CloudFlare hickcups in the past few days.
    Here's one I got this morning: Cloudflare Ray ID: 4efff8802bf3b8e1

According to CloudFlare's own website, here what is says about a 524 Error:
    Error 524 error indicates that Cloudflare made a successful TCP connection to the origin web server, but the origin did not reply with an HTTP response before the connection timed out. Typically, Cloudflare waits 100 seconds for an HTTP response.

Well, I get the blocked message in about 2 or 3 seconds, so that's not it.

The block that I got this morning (just a few minutes ago) was on this thread:
    https://www.floridaconcealedcarry.co...n-in-13-0-vote

All I have to do to make this link work 100% of the time is to substitute the apostrophe in "BSO's" with %2C (which is the ASCII value for an apostrophe) and the link work just fine. Every time. Keep in mind, this problem (and it's resolution) is exactly the same no matter which computer I use as long as its running Win-7, IE-11.

This issue doesn't seem to have anything to do with website "security", browser compatibility, DDoS, 524 errors, or really [insert just about any other explanation].
    My opinion: The CloudFlare platform is pure crap. Plain and simple.
    The only thing it seems to do well is to annoy select subscribers to this forum who run older hardware.
    There is no compelling reason of which I am aware for a simple V-Bulletin, HTML-based forum like FCC, to enforce a browser upgrade - unless it's to push non-Flash advertising, or to electronically invade visitor privacy. If I had more time, I would try to figure that out. (In the meantime, please consider removing it.)

This afternoon, I will write a quick script to automatically perform the URL character substitutions while surfing FCC and that will solve the problem for me.
    Thanks for you help.
    Last edited by Anduril; 07-02-2019 at 06:56 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Lautermilch's Avatar

Sposors