Florida Concealed Carry banner

Just scored a steal S&W M&P .45

9K views 50 replies 12 participants last post by  Caleb 
#1 ·
#43 ·
Got to see and shoot Shooter4s new acquisition and on Saturday. It was in "good as new" condition. Shot very well and I didn't see a wear mark on it. If it was a prior police gun....it would have to have been issued to a high ranking officer that never used it.....:laughing ebl

#44 ·
Along with the 6 S&W 14round mags for $59, the whole deal was a steal. Bob, Rick, Zamboni, (Botach and Brownell’s)......!!!!!

#45 · (Edited)
Well the 45 looked great but the trigger was god aweful!! Gritty and and very hard stop/break about 6# I would say. Following Ricks advice i picked up the apex striker block and sear and left everything else out saving me lots o money.....after installing the striker block the grit was gone. Just finished installing the sear and the trigger is excellent, 3 1/2 # and shorter reset......thanks Rick!! Now to take on that Springfield 45 defender.......

I forgot to mention I haven’t shot it yet with the new tigger setup and hope it isnt too light in real world shooting. I would assume it would need a “duty” or carry spring....

#47 ·
Well the 45 looked great but the trigger was god aweful!! Gritty and and very hard stop/break about 6# I would say. Following Ricks advice i picked up the apex striker block and sear and left everything else out saving me lots o money.....after installing the striker block the grit was gone. Just finished installing the sear and the trigger is excellent, 3 1/2 # and shorter reset......thanks Rick!! Now to take on that Springfield 45 defender.......

I forgot to mention I haven’t shot it yet with the new tigger setup and hope it isnt too light in real world shooting. I would assume it would need a “duty” or carry spring....
I’ll bet it’ll be fine. I have a few 1911’s with a TP of 3 1/2 pounds or less.

You’ve seen me shoot my M&P9 in training several times, and it has a TP of <2 1/2 pounds. :grin

#48 ·
These guns used to be the standard issue for the Martin County Sheriff’s dept when Major Ski was in charge of procuring dept firearms. Major Ski was also an armorer for the dept and carried a Smith 44 mag revolver when in uniform...RIP....I remember the first use of this firearm when gang members were kicking a downed deputy at the mall movie theatre area. Officer pulled his MP 45 and one shot killed one of the Hispanic attackers kicking him, killing him. Sheriff Crowder made it clear that coming to Martin County and messing with a deputy was a bad idea (poorly requoted, but you get the idea).

#49 ·
I’ve never owned an M&P in .45acp but, it’s been on my list of must have pistols. One day I will mark it off the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#50 ·
Remember when brownie got his 45 shield. It was reviewed extensively and bunches of us bought one. Everyone who has shot mine I think has purchased one and trapperJ sold his 9mm shield to buy the 45. Good thing was it didn’t need the usual Apex upgrades to make it shootable. I carry that 45 more now then anything. It disappears under my shirt. This big boy isn’t going to disappear!! But it should be a nice shooter now

#51 ·
Oh don’t get me wrong, I know it s a great pistol. I have shot one but, not owned one. I will probably go with the Compact 2.0 .45 tho. There is no way I can conceal the full size without major printing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.