Airsoft guns

Thread: Airsoft guns

Distinguished Member

Airsoft guns

I知 thinking about buying one to facilitate training at home. For my nightstand gun (FNS-9) they come in two varieties, green gas and spring. The spring version is a lot less costly than the green gas version. I know nothing about airsoft. Please advise me as to the pros and cons of each version and give me a recommendation as to which is the better of the two. I知 prepared to buy the more expensive version if it is sufficiently superior to the cheap one.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." A. E. van Vogt

I have 2 green gas guns. I have used them in Force on Force classes several times. Mine, mimic a Glock 17. They work the same as the 17 and even fit in my Panther holster. Both have mags for loading and the slides function the same as the real thing. They do have some power to them. It does sting when you get shot in a FoF class. As long as you put some oil on them and use the green gas, they last for years. For me, the green gas version is the way to go. If you want, I'll bring them to the TF Class in May and let you try them. I know Shooter4 and Edgehill has a couple of green gas guns too. ebl
    "I have a very strict gun control policy. If there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." Clint Eastwood
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them." Unknown

Distinguished Member
    That would be great! Please bring them along. I’d like to try on out before I buy one.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." A. E. van Vogt

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    I second the green gas recommendation. I have a green gas P229 and 1911. Both function just like the real thing as great training aids for backyard or garage gun handling drills. I also used them in the F-o-F class with brownie a few years ago. You couldn't use a spring AirSoft very well for a course like brownie gave.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

典he greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

There are a few Air Soft ranges in Ft Myers and Punta Gorda.
    "Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

The spring powered ones are toys, and not suitable for FoF training.

I have a gas one based on the M&P9 that I used for Brownie and Rick’s FoF training that ran flawlessly (still does) and is surprisingly accurate.

I think the cost for the pistol (online) was $150.00, and spare mags were $30.00. They fit fine in the holsters and mag carriers made for the “real” things.

The gas powered ones can also be set on full auto, which is great for getting squirrels off of bird feeders, and getting feral cats to stay out of one’s yard.
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Oh man, I should not have opened this thread. My wife is going to kill me.

Yes siree Bob
    "Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

Sposors