Florida Concealed Carry banner

What would you do ?

5K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  Caleb 
#1 ·
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/f...who-asked-her-to-stop-feeding-cats-police-say

Your 4 -5 feet from her and she's pointing a gun at your chest and with an angry look, says " don't f... with me. My first thought is, talk her down. I don't want to jump off line, draw and shoot an older crazed woman. The other option is to hope she's not a loony and won't shoot as you walk away. Although she appears to be a loony. Luckily in this instance she got back in her car and drove away

#2 ·
Boy, really tough call. How it gets handled depends on my read of the assailant in real time. The chances of her getting her ticket punched are greater than 0% - that much is for certain.

#3 ·
^^^^
This!
:popcorn

#6 ·
4-5 feet is relatively easy disarming distace. The "relatively easy" comes from practicing it. Not need to shoot anyone.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I've seen it done. I'm not sure if I have the speed or skills to do it at that distance, even though I've practiced it. But there are at least two people on this forum that are. Two guesses on who the first one is.

#11 ·
From a martial arts perspective, let's break it down.

1. Move off line from the direction of the barrel and advance.
2. Blade your body to reduce your target picture.
3. Sweep your arm up toward the gun. Your arm with outstretched fingers will be around 28-32 inches. Almost 3 feet.
4. Within .25 seconds you should be able to push the gun further offline and be in contact distance.

From here, different schools of thought apply. You have your "twist the gun up and back to break the trigger finger" and so forth. You have the "seize the gun and take it away" idea. Supposing you haven't been shot yet and are still alive (good luck) I'd keep closing and make full contact and take the person down, keeping the gun arm pointed away. Keep a hand on that arm and keep it pointed away and then attempt an extraction. Whatever you do will depend on how things are going on the ground.

Given all that, raising your hands and backing away is probably the best move.

#16 ·
I practice with my daughter. Both, one arm extended touhing fingertips is 6 feet apart, and we aren't tall women :grin. And the trainer gun get owned or flies each time before a bang. She's faster in reactions and has the attention span of a butterfly...and learned.

In this time and age, a gun in the face, school or work where we are mostly (my household), does not mean "give me everything and walk away". :dunno so we dont think about that, sorry. Never trusted the percentage on compliance and be shot anyways.... We dont't visit public venues much and we both tend to pss ppl off...so...
This is not advice by any means, but each one responds by their own perspective.

#17 ·
^^^^
:2thumsup

#21 ·
^^^^
Using "close," "riverpig," and "relations" in the same sentence; you know he's going to seize on that in 3, 2, 1 . . . :rofl

#24 ·
Using "close," "riverpig," and "relations" in the same sentence; you know he's going to seize on that in 3, 2, 1 . . . :rofl
Some day he's going to wear her down and she's going to give in to his charms. Just waiting to see the flying pigs and I'll know it's happening.

#22 ·
So I DON'T have to pull a gun on you for sex now...my outlook on life just took a positive turn...

#23 ·
Never had. You just do not have a chance, gun or not and never had either. And lately I'm liking ppl as much as you do.... :grin

#25 ·
Crap. Back to the roofies

#27 ·
^^^^
Miss those H2H classes, too! Plus all the friends, stories, and laughs we shared over beers. Watching brownie jousting with the waitresses was always fun, too! :grin

#28 · (Edited)
Your 4 -5 feet from her and she's pointing a gun at your chest

If the distance is really 4-5 feet and she's pointing the gun at you, the gun is less than 4-5 feet from you. It's a two part process at that point. Get the upper body off line while simultaneously taking a mere 1/2 step into her and you can touch the gun. If you can touch the gun, you can keep it from muzzling you if you've moved to their outside. There's no stopping the advance into the perp, it'll happen faster than most would think possible, but it's very doable as others have seen in the courses.

L2W has the correct mindset, you don't allow yourself to be muzzled any longer than it takes to move on them at that distance. I'd also agree that L2W and Scott would be two that could pull that off.

Me? I'm getting old, more cranky with the asshats of the world. She's made it a bad day for both of us, what happens to her depends on my heart rate increase. :grin

We could put together one more h2h/blade course down your way if there were enough interested to make the trip viable.

#29 ·
Your 4 -5 feet from her and she's pointing a gun at your chest

If the distance is really 4-5 feet and she's pointing the gun at you, the gun is less than 4-5 feet from you. It's a two part process at that point. Get the upper body off line while simultaneously taking a mere 1/2 step into her and you can touch the gun. If you can touch the gun, you can keep it from muzzling you if you've moved to their outside. There's no stopping the advance into the perp, it'll happen faster than most would think possible, but it's very doable as others have seen in the courses.

L2W has the correct mindset, you don't allow yourself to be muzzled any longer than it takes to move on them at that distance. I'd also agree that L2W and Scott would be two that could pull that off.

Me? I'm getting old, more cranky with the asshats of the world. She's made it a bad day for both of us, what happens to her depends on my heart rate increase. :grin

We could put together one more h2h/blade course down your way if there were enough interested to make the trip viable.
I'm interested :grin Only dates I couldn't make it are in September

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.