Serpa Holsters-What could possibly go wrong...

Thread: Serpa Holsters-What could possibly go wrong...

Serpa Holsters-What could possibly go wrong...

A great article with lots of evidence. People that know me, know I have been an opponent of the Serpa since it's inception.

https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...-LvGTeR4-qi4dU
    BTTBBOB
    President & Chief Instructor
    South Florida Gun School
    www.sflagunschool.com
    Facebook Page- South Florida Gun School

"Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense."
    - John Adams
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

Agreed 100% !!!

My older brother (58), generally quite new to guns, just got his CCW this year.
    The Serpa retention holsters appealed to him, but thankfully he asked my opinion before purchasing one.

He ended up with one from Galco that he liked, and after inspecting it personally, I believe he is set.

I used one when I first started carrying. But it was with a gun that had a manual safety. I have not touched it since joining this site.
    Joe KN4URL

Twitter: sickpirate69
    NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member
    COTEP

And shepherds we shall be
    For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

A friend of my son who’s a DoD contractor (still is) and former Army Captain shot IDPA with me briefly several years ago. Strangely enough, I could outshoot him then, and that was before I started taking Brownie’s TFP courses.

During his second match, he shot himself while drawing from a Serpa holster. He hasn’t shot IDPA since. Or used a Serpa again.

The club hasn’t allowed Serpas to be used without removing the retention device ever since, but no one uses them anymore anyway.
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 03-21-2019 at 09:51 PM.
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    A friend of my son who’s a DoD contractor (still is) and former Army Captain shot IDPA with me briefly several years ago. Strangely enough, I could outshoot him then, and that was before I started taking Brownie’s TFP courses.

During his second match, he shot himself while drawing from a Serpa holster. He hasn’t shot IDPA since. Or used a Serpa again.

The club hasn’t allowed Serpas to be used without removing the retention device ever since, but no one uses them anymore anyway.
    I have not allowed a Serpa holster in any class I teach since they came out. I have lost military and police contracts because of it. I don’t care. My SOCSOUTH contracts were stipulated no SERPAS and they still train with me.
    BTTBBOB
    President & Chief Instructor
    South Florida Gun School
    www.sflagunschool.com
    Facebook Page- South Florida Gun School

"Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense."
    - John Adams
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by bttbbob View Post
    I have not allowed a Serpa holster in any class I teach since they came out. I have lost military and police contracts because of it. I don’t care. My SOCSOUTH contracts were stipulated no SERPAS and they still train with me.
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Sposors