Glock 48 vs. Glock 26
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 48 vs. Glock 26

Glock 48 vs. Glock 26

So I recently purchased the new glock 48 and put 200 rnds through it at the range today and I really like it but what surprised me though was how much snappier it is than my g26! I thought with the bigger sight radius and the fact that it's a bigger gun that wouldn't be the case! Its lighter than the 26 so I'm sure that has alot to do with it! I found that I shoot my g26 way better but I have put roughly 1000 rnds through the g26 and only 200 rnds through the g48 so I look forward to getting more practice with it! Has anyone here purchased or fired the g48 or 43x and what are your thoughts on it versus the g26?

That was my problem with the G43. Too snappy. I like my G26 so much more I'm going to trade in my G43. I've been pocket carrying a G42. The G42 shoots like a dream for a small gun. Its a pleasure to shoot at the range. I'm waiting to see if Sig releases the P365 in .380. I don't want to make the same mistake and buy a P365 in 9mm and find out its snappy like the G43.
    CWFL Holder
    Glock Armorer

I test fired the G26 and the G43 the same day and ultimately went with the 26! I have smaller hands so the 26 didnt feel as good as the 43 when I was holding it but I was more accurate with the 26 and the fact it had 10+1 vs. 6+1 was kind of a no brainer! So when I heard about the slimline serious 48 and 43X I was excited! The 48 definitely works for me and I think it will be a great addition for concealed carry especially after I put some more work in with it but right now my 26 is definitely my favorite

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

I haven't had a chance to test fire the 9mm P365 but I've heard good things about it especially since they have supposedly fixed all of their issues

I have owned the G26X 2 for two decades. Handles warm loads easily. I accompanied my son to a local indoor range a few weeks ago. (unusual for me). He had been wanting a 43X and the owner happened to have one for rental, so we tried it. The only ammo he brought with him was hot 124gr. nato FMJ. In the G43 it was punishing to shoot and the back corner of the magazine base plate made a nice big blood blister on the outer edge of my palm. the pistol may have been better with some 147gr. or 124 gr defense loads , but as it was, it was very unpleasant to shoot. I have shot the Nato stuff in the 9mm Shield and while snappy it was nowhere near as bad as the 43X.

Havn't tried the G48 as it simply holds no interest for me personally, but the G26 is going to be hard to beat in that category, in my own opinion.
    The sixties and the seventies. The days of the revolver and the nightstick. I am proud to have been a member of that generation of cops. We paved the way. We learned by doing, and often by dying, and we passed our knowledge to the current generation. The weapons are better now. The training is better now. The technology is better now. But, we paved the way. We are old men now, but we truly were the new centurions

Distinguished Member ZO6Vettever's Avatar
    Wifey and I both carry G 26's with 12 round mags. She has had hers about 5 years and I've had mine about 3. Before that I carried a G 30 but they are similar looking in the same type holster and one day I grabbed hers for a shopping trip. When I parked and got out it felt different, that's when I realized I had the wrong weapon. They are not that much different in size and the G 30 is light for a .45 but that G26 carried like it wasn't even there. I bought one the next day and have yet to see any other weapon I would want.
    Sent from my rotary phone.

Remember, we're all on the same side!
    Assault a senior will get you a minimum of 3 years, pursuant to Florida statutes, should you survive.
    US Army Vet Dec.1965 - Dec.1971

For me, at 10 rounds capacity, the G26 fits my hand "better", than the thinner frames - or maybe that's just an illusion to rationalize not spending more money on guns.
    (Disclaimer #1: I already own the G26.)

When it comes to the G48, why not just buy the G19 (unless of course, you're unfortunate enough to reside in a nanny state)?
    That 0.16" difference in width probably isn't enough to notice, and you get the 5 extra rounds standard with the 19.
    (Disclaimer #2: I already own the G19.)

I guess I'm just saying: It's splitting hairs for the most part.
    What appeals to you may depend highly on what you already own.

Me?: I switch between carrying a G26 and a G19; and lately it's been a lot more the G26.
    But hurricane season is approaching....
    My standing joke for the extent of my "hurricane prep" is to swap out to the Glock 17.

I digress..
    I think if one already has a sub-compact Glock, the new offerings hold little appeal.
    And if you only own a G19, then maybe the G43 starts to look interesting.
    But if you own a G26 (regardless of what else you might have), then you sort of screw the comparisons on both ends.
    Does that make sense?

Of course, the only thing that really matters is "can you shoot it?".
    And I guess some hands do feel better around certain guns than others.
    In which case, the criteria isn't necessarily limited to just Glocks.

(Disclaimer #3: I'm a Glock fanboy.)

BTW: This past year, I've swapped out all my 9mm Personal Defense ammo to Speer Gold Dot, +P, 124 gr. (#23617).
    Previously, I was "convinced" I should be using different hollow point rounds in the shorter barrel Glocks.
    Last edited by Anduril; 05-25-2019 at 01:07 PM.

I have not bought any new guns, for years! Till I handled the Glock 43X! Love at first touch.
    I shoot it well, it hides incredibly well too. Ordered it with Ameriglo night sights, fabulous.
    Day or poor light. It seems to fly out of the holster. A Kydex Bravo.
    Except! Gone back to my Gen 4 Glock 19. Sixteen rounds, with 16 presses of that 4.5lb trigger. And a spare 17 rounds on the other side. Unbeatable.

I have heard all of the 3 rounds/3 yards/3 second storys. But what if it ain't?

Revisited this post of mine, the advantage of such a light pistol, that is just one inch wide? 11 rounds might be enough? If I lived in Commi-fornia it would have to suffice. Very quick out of the holster, shoots to point of aim, exactly. We will see.
    Last edited by Scouse; 06-07-2019 at 02:27 AM.
    Be Safe.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexV View Post
    That was my problem with the G43. Too snappy. I like my G26 so much more I'm going to trade in my G43. I've been pocket carrying a G42. The G42 shoots like a dream for a small gun. Its a pleasure to shoot at the range. I'm waiting to see if Sig releases the P365 in .380. I don't want to make the same mistake and buy a P365 in 9mm and find out its snappy like the G43.

I agree with this. If you need deep concealment the 42 is the best option. It is much more manageable under recoil than a 43 and will conceal in a pocket. The 43 is only slightly slimmer than a 26, and the 48 only slightly slimmer than a 19. The 42 is the softest recoiling pocket sized 380 on the market, and the sights are decent. It is one of my favorite deep concealment guns. The 26 is a much better defensive handgun than a 43.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexV View Post
    The P365 is easy to shoot and felt recoil is not bad at all. It is very accurate and reliable. I like mine a lot and it has replaced a Kahr CM-9 as my edc.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." A. E. van Vogt

Sposors