Florida Concealed Carry banner

Michael Janich - Florida - 2019 Dates

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Standby 
#1 · (Edited)
For those of you in the know, no explanation is needed. For those of you that don't:

Michael Janich is a preeminent expert in using a folding pocket knife to fight with; and he also teaches how to DEFEND against an aggressor with a knife. These are lifesaving skills taught by an industry expert. Apart from being a member of the elite International Close-Combat Instructors Association, he is one of the host instructors of the award winning weekly The Best Defense TV Show on The Outdoor Channel. He is the sole author of six fighting books and co-author of seven, including “Bullseyes Don’t Shoot Back” which he co-wrote with the late close-combat legend Col. Rex Applegate. Janich has also been featured in more than 20 instructional videos on defensive edged-weapon use. Currently, he is serving as the Special Projects Coordinator for The Spyderco Knife Company. Due to Mr. Janich's other commitments within the industry, he now only personally teaches about 12 classes a year worldwide. Florida Firearms Training is honored to have Mr. Janich come back to Florida again for two separate classes.

May 18th - 19th - Practical Self-Defense with Knives. Okeechobee, Florida.

July 27th - 28th - Practical Self-Defense: Practical Unarmed Combatives, and Counter-Gun Concepts Skills. Jupiter, Florida.

Full Info, prices etc here:

http://floridafirearmstraining.com/Self-Defense_with_Knives.html

Short video of Mr. Janich

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
In wrestling we would do something similar. We would however grab behind the wrist, and then you drive your shoulder into the back of theirs (you could also use your forearm), it creates a little bit more space initially. You twist their wrist upwards which locks it straight and hook under the inside of their arm with your arm that is close to the body. That would be your right hand in this instance. Use the circular pivot motion and wind them to the ground. Very close to what is shown here and very effective. You end up in the same place with control and can move to a number of positions. For me the best was to continue behind them and now can easily put their arm on your opposite knee where the trunk of your body holds it securely in place and you have both of your hands free if so choose. It is not comfortable for the person on the ground and you can easily pull their arm out of their shoulder socket by shifting your body up towards their head, especially if your other knee is holding their side so that they cannot turn over on their back. I am not offering advice or instruction as what we did was a wrestling first type application but if I were in that type of scenario, I am sure that is the motion I would take, just because it is so ingrained.

I have seen a few of his videos on youtube in the past.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.