Anyone up for some rifle range time at PBSO this weekend? - Page 60
Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: Anyone up for some rifle range time at PBSO this weekend?

Lmao..... we have to break him in slowly, we don’t want to scare him off so soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _

**FIGHT WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE FLYING**

COTEP 717

PBSO range is open this coming weekend. Anyone planning to go?

I'm about out of 6.5CM ammo. So, I'm thinking of just shooting my SCAR-16, and maybe bring a .22-rifle for some cheap and easy fun.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

I'm celebrating youngest son's 15th Bday this weekend and unable to attend this weekend.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Had a fun day at the range with my son today. It was his first time at 100 yards. Also first time shooting anything bigger than a .22LR.

Started him with the Ruger American Rimfire. Then the SCAR-16. Then the precision AR-15. He did quite well, especially for his first time.

Here was his best group with the AR-15, which was better than my best group! It's four shots. He had a failure to feed on the 5th shot, so he thought he was out of ammo. Still pretty good, I'd say!

NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Excellent shooting! I’m definitely making the next weekend at the PBCSR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _

**FIGHT WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE FLYING**

COTEP 717

I shot the top three groups, while my son shot the two bottom groups. The lower right group is the same one I posted above. He thought he was out of ammo due to a FTF. Then I discovered the extra round and didn't want to take it home. So... which target to shoot with my one shot??

It was very windy yesterday. I'd say 15 mph steady with 20 - 25 mph gusts. Direction was from 6 o'clock.

Here's that same target without the mark-up (but with the groups measured).

Last edited by racer88; 03-08-2020 at 08:14 PM.
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    PBSO range is open this coming weekend. Anyone planning to go?

I'm about out of 6.5CM ammo. So, I'm thinking of just shooting my SCAR-16, and maybe bring a .22-rifle for some cheap and easy fun.
    Sorry I missed the invite. Next time..

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Sorry I missed the invite. Next time..
    No worries. I ended up going just on Saturday, in the afternoon, with my son. He wouldn't get up early. I skipped Sunday. I'm pretty much out of match grade ammo for my precision rifles.

Hopefully, I'll have something to shoot next month! Lots of priorities competing!
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Well it seems the three amigo threat will be shut down for a while. Our range is still open and this weekend i took out my AK 74 made from a kit back in about 2005....i dont know i ive posted anything on this rifle yet but i was thinking it would be a terrific truck gun so i wanted to check out the accuracy. Site is a Trijicon RMR with orange triangle light emitting only, no battery.....in the sunlight its amazingly bright, under cover at the range a quite muted. This rifle is a polish tantal custom built by Rifle Dynamics which at the time was owned by Jim Fuller, who recently sold it. I hear is ready to open another business....5.56 x 39 wolf mil classic ammo....all i did today was range it at 25 yards benched. Next week if all goes well, i will take it out to 50yds or 100 though seeing a small target at that range without magniification wont be able to accomplish the results of 25yds....i counted at least 9 rounds in the small target on the right after zeroing the middle X. It was a fun rifle to shoot with less recoil then my AR....3# trigger at most....original polish barrel. i think i could do better with more lit triangle. At times i had to reposiiton the triangle to see where the tip of the triangle was. But it sure is accurate enough at 25. .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11D7898B-F384-4F05-AB77-B649EB5E0C11.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	66407
    Last edited by shooter4; 03-22-2020 at 01:51 PM.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell
    NRA certified pistol & RSO
    NRA Life member

Braggart!

Nice truck gun, too!
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Sposors