Florida Concealed Carry banner

Good Guy with a gun: Utah Starbucks

5K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  2411 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
That's a situation I wouldn't want to find myself in. The attacker didn't have a knife or a gun and now he's coming towards me aggressively. I don't think I would be pulling out a gun at that point, too iffy legally. I'd be putting down some well placed kicks or picking up a chair to take him out. Shooting him in the chest would be a scary move considering the circumstances. Not interested in a possible jail sentence, or a questionable shooting. I had a conversation with a guy last week who just got out of a Florida prison, and he was describing what is was like there! He said there were over 200 deaths in the last year in the prison he was in. He said a lot of those deaths were stabbings. Your surrounded by a lot of ANIMALS ! Kinda makes you think twice before shooting someone when you aren't SURE it's a life or death, or great bodily harm situation. Things happen fast, that's one of the reasons I like this forum, gets you thinking about many possible situations which could POSSIBLY help when your making a decision when you only have seconds to think it thru!

#3 ·
The shooter was late sixties. I am the same age as the shooter and I have a bad back. No way I am throwing kicks or hefting chairs. Maybe when I was in my forties I could wrestle the guy down and wait for help but If I saw a crazed lunatic assaulting a 24 year old girl then come after me I am pretty sure I would draw.

#4 ·
I understand what your saying, still would question shooting him in the chest in that situation. I'm sure others here will give their take on it. I'm also older, but still able to defend myself.

#5 ·
Over 50 years old anyplace in America you would be in your rights to shoot an attacker. The key is """SENIOR CITIZEN""""
At that age, they already know a person can't fight, can't run and would have no other choice but to use any way possible to defend themselves.
Oh!, unless you are in New York, New Jersey or California, Your family can sue the attacker after he beats you to death.
Ronnie

#17 · (Edited)
I’d probably have shot him, but only because my knees are so unstable, i couldn’t be sure of keeping my feet in a tussle. If they were in good shape, I’d likely have tried for a chin jab or a knife hand to the neck. Depends pn what was available, maybe a nice kick to the outside of the knee. Lots of possibilities.

#22 ·
You would have to shoot him for sure....he is assaulting the barista with grave consequences so a shoot should be justified especially a senior citizen....one round seemed to be enough to stop the attackeri......if your brownie, there are alternative actions....

#27 ·
Bah! Don't yell it. Just give'em the "look." They'll give the "look" (or nod) back, and all being on the same wavelength, the three of you will flawlessly execute a seemingly-choreographed and practiced take-down, to the amazement of the onlookers with their cell phone cameras rolling. You'll be viral and on all the talk shows.

;) :grin
:rofl

#31 ·
#18 · (Edited)
Maybe he was upset that there was no place for a vagrant to sit because all the seats were taken by paying customers?

Second thought comes to mind is the quote "Don't mess with old guys. They'll just shoot you."

As for what I would do? Younger guy, probably in better shape. Has the Crazy eyes going on. Coming at me. I'm putting lead COM.

#19 ·
At 75, C.O.P.D. & cancer survivor three times as well as bad back and a fragile hip I know I can't run, I can't fight so I only have one alternative.
If the crazy person did not turn to me, It would be just plain FINE.
If he did and was a threat, He would be dead and my gun would probably be empty.
Starbucks all have video running so I would not worry too much about a consequence.
I just hope i'm never in this type of situation.
Ronnie

#20 ·
Wait, a patron was carrying in a Starbucks? Starbucks is anti-gunanti-gun!

#21 ·
Shot in the chest and recovering from his wounds. Just another example that even placing a round dead center isn't enough to actually kill somebody. Maybe should have placed SEVERAL rounds into his chest?

But either way he came in and immediately attacked the first person he saw.
Demonstrating his will to commit violence upon innocents. No need to 'deal' with him.
Stop him with violent reaction and put him down like the rabid dog he is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.