Beggars at gas stations, stores, and at traffic lights ? - Page 18
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
Results 171 to 177 of 177

Thread: Beggars at gas stations, stores, and at traffic lights ?

  1. #171
    Distinguished Member racer88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,291
    Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    I don't present as a vic, hell even trolling with gold chains and 1 ounce gold coins hanging outside the T shirt, I couldn't get the minorities to bite when we'd walk through the projects after dark no matter how much I tried to look like a lost potential vic.

    You guys always being approached, must look like vics.
    LOL! I'm trying to picture you as a white "Mr. T" looking like a lost puppy!

    Yeah... no... I've been approached several times, but that's over 25 years of living here. So, it's actually quite infrequent. It's been a long time since the last one.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

    "Dances with guns."

  2. #172
    Distinguished Member Riverpigusmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    14,826
    I had a freeloader get between me and my truck last week at 3 am coming back from on call at UF. Naturally, I was unarmed since I had been on campus. My Shockwave, Kbar, pepper spray and tazer were in my truck. Half my age and a foot taller, and obviously thought I'd be intimidated into giving him cash. An aggressive attitude and Parris Island language persuaded him to leave me be
    "All civilians are targets or dependants" Drill Instructor Boone, Parris Island

    I don't own the clothes I'm wearing..and the road goes on forever..
    NRA Life Member
    Florida Carry Member
    Wilson Combat CQB, Kimber Tactical Pro, S&W J frame

    COTEP #523
    Founding Member

  3. #173
    Super Moderator
    BeerHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    PBC
    Posts
    24,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc View Post
    I had a freeloader get between me and my truck last week at 3 am coming back from on call at UF. Naturally, I was unarmed since I had been on campus. My Shockwave, Kbar, pepper spray and tazer were in my truck. Half my age and a foot taller, and obviously thought I'd be intimidated into giving him cash. An aggressive attitude and Parris Island language persuaded him to leave me be
    -BH

    Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

    “The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

    "Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell


    "The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #174
    Distinguished Member MPDC66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SW Fl.
    Posts
    12,641
    Lol, when I was younger, “let me see some ID” in a commanding voice always sent them running. Years after I was no longer an LEO it still,worked. Now, at 72, I think it would be a hard sell but the “look” still gets them to avert their eyes.

    To Brownies point, sending “cop signals” was the hardest thing to Avoid when trying to act as bait.
    Last edited by MPDC66; 11-27-2019 at 10:24 PM.
    God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.
    USMC 66-69 "wing wiper" Sgt E-5

    DON'T DISS THE DONALD!

    COTEP #744

  6. #175
    Distinguished Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,870
    I remember the days. I once, when a baby LEO briefed a supervisor as to how I could dress up vulnerable and push a K-9 in a baby buggy.

    Now I’m old too and look vulnerable and have a Chihuahua that’s had his teeth pulled! He still growls, but eats mush. He and I have a lot in common. We are both retired studs.

  7. #176
    Distinguished Member brownie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Superstition Mtns, Az
    Posts
    53,795
    Quote Originally Posted by MPDC66 View Post
    Lol, when I was younger, “let me see some ID” in a commanding voice always sent them running. Years after I was no longer an LEO it still,worked. Now, at 72, I think it would be a hard sell but the “look” still gets them to avert their eyes.

    To Brownies point, sending “cop signals” was the hardest thing to Avoid when trying to act as bait.
    The mind is the limiting factor

    https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking..

    Stay Sharp

    Brownie

  8. #177
    Distinguished Member brownie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Superstition Mtns, Az
    Posts
    53,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark1007 View Post
    I remember the days. I once, when a baby LEO briefed a supervisor as to how I could dress up vulnerable and push a K-9 in a baby buggy.

    Now I’m old too and look vulnerable and have a Chihuahua that’s had his teeth pulled! He still growls, but eats mush. He and I have a lot in common. We are both retired studs.
    That set up was thinking outside the box sir, have a safe holiday.
    The mind is the limiting factor

    https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking..

    Stay Sharp

    Brownie

Sposors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •