Beggars at gas stations, stores, and at traffic lights ? - Page 14
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Beggars at gas stations, stores, and at traffic lights ?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by High Seas Drifter View Post
    Prior to our marriage, I had to explain to my wife that 7-11 was a perfectly acceptable restaurant selection when going out to eat.

-on Tapatalk
    When I met my wife, I had a little condominium maybe 100 yards walk from a 7-11. We dated then married living there. A pretty regular walk up there for late night munchies or even a breakfast. I’ve teased her for years now that the first place I took her to eat was that 7-11 for nachos a rollerdog (I was a fan of the squished cuban sandwiches) after watching movies at my place one night.

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    Their Cubans are awesome!

Had one near our beach cottage before, so I totally get it!

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by High Seas Drifter View Post
    Prior to our marriage, I had to explain to my wife that 7-11 was a perfectly acceptable restaurant selection when going out to eat.

-on Tapatalk
    When my wife met me, I was eating 2 out of 3 meals a day at Wawa.
    "We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free." Ronald Reagan, June 6, 1984, speech at Omaha Beach Memorial
    COTEP: 739

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Sams Club and get two hot dogs, two drinks and two slices of pizza for a total of $7.44.
    Ronnie
    N.R.A. - FLORIDA CARRY - D.A.V. - American Legion - M.C.A.--- U.S. Army disabled Veteran, GOA
    If you are not a member of the N.R.A. - It is time to join - Turn 5 million members into 15 or 20 million members
    If your not a member of FLORIDA CARRY it is time to join.

An armed population conststs of CITIZENS"
    AN UN-ARMED POPULATION CONSTSTS OF "SUBJECTS

Distinguished Member
    Hold my hand out to to signal “stop” and politely say “I’m sorry I cannot help you” good luck to you

To get back on the subject,
    Tell your wife or any other loved one that when they stop to get gas.
    DAY or NIGHT
    KEEP THE KEY "FOB" IN THEIR HAND TO SET OFF THE CAR ALARM IF ANYONE COMES TO CLOSE FOR ANY REASON.
    Not as good as a gun but better then nothing at all.
    Ronnie
    N.R.A. - FLORIDA CARRY - D.A.V. - American Legion - M.C.A.--- U.S. Army disabled Veteran, GOA
    If you are not a member of the N.R.A. - It is time to join - Turn 5 million members into 15 or 20 million members
    If your not a member of FLORIDA CARRY it is time to join.

An armed population conststs of CITIZENS"
    AN UN-ARMED POPULATION CONSTSTS OF "SUBJECTS

Distinguished Member bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie948 View Post
    DAY or NIGHT
    KEEP THE KEY "FOB" IN THEIR HAND TO SET OFF THE CAR ALARM IF ANYONE COMES TO CLOSE FOR ANY REASON.
    Ronnie
    i hardly think anyone would draw a gun because someone got to close...as effective as the car horn might be they are ignored just about everywhere today...i would be inclined to believe a loud scream or command would draw more attention...
    Top Dog Wannabe....

"the two most important days of your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why"...mark twain

"a ship in harbor is safe. but thats not what ships are built for."
    john a shedd

keep moving...if you make em believe youre crazier than they are theyd have to be a fool to stick around and find out what youre capable of...me...

pink is the new black....

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie948 View Post
    DAY or NIGHT
    Ronnie
    Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    i hardly think anyone would draw a gun because someone got to close...as effective as the car horn might be they are ignored just about everywhere today...i would be inclined to believe a loud scream or command would draw more attention...
    More importantly, use your car as a barrier. As the potential perp approaches, you simply move AROUND the car, keeping it between you and the "beggar." A bad guy will try to get closer by moving around the car (as you move around). An actual beggar won't do that.

Use a command voice, ordering the "person of interest" to STOP. Do not come closer! Any continued approach is a BAD sign.

Don't let him get close. Move! If you are forced to... consider a force continuum, including pepper spray... and then??? Do what ya gotta do to protect yourself.

I agree that I would NOT use the car alarm. They are considered an annoying "false alarm." They get the attention of NOBODY. But, a command of "STOP! Don't come any closer!" WILL get attention. A blaring car alarm will not only be ignored, it could drown out your voice commands or pleas for help. Don't use the silly car alarm, folks.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    More importantly, use your car as a barrier. As the potential perp approaches, you simply move AROUND the car, keeping it between you and the "beggar." A bad guy will try to get closer by moving around the car (as you move around). An actual beggar won't do that.

Use a command voice, ordering the "person of interest" to STOP. Do not come closer! Any continued approach is a BAD sign.

Don't let him get close. Move! If you are forced to... consider a force continuum, including pepper spray... and then??? Do what ya gotta do to protect yourself.

I agree that I would NOT use the car alarm. They are considered an annoying "false alarm." They get the attention of NOBODY. But, a command of "STOP! Don't come any closer!" WILL get attention. A blaring car alarm will not only be ignored, it could drown out your voice commands or pleas for help. Don't use the silly car alarm, folks.
    Unless there's two of them, and depending on how I size them up physically, I want to allow them to get just close enough where any abhorrent behavior brings a Y hand response, which will end their abhorrent behavior.

Running around my car/truck/motorcycle while yelling to get someone's attention is not in the cards for me. I'll stay where the hose can be used as a bludgeon and if it's started pumping, as a distance deterrent. Don't carry oc/mace, nor will I consider it as part of my force continuum.
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking..

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Unless there's two of them, and depending on how I size them up physically, I want to allow them to get just close enough where any abhorrent behavior brings a Y hand response, which will end their abhorrent behavior.

Running around my car/truck/motorcycle while yelling to get someone's attention is not in the cards for me. I'll stay where the hose can be used as a bludgeon and if it's started pumping, as a distance deterrent. Don't carry oc/mace, nor will I consider it as part of my force continuum.
    Ha! Well, I would dare NOT to give you self-defense advice, eh? LOL!

Personally, I'm not letting the BG get close enough to me to use a Y-hand response. Or at least I'll TRY to not let him get that close. I'm not going to RUN around the car, but I'm going to use it to my advantage as a barrier if possible.

My "advice" was directed more to the "average" person, not a "Brownie-person."
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Sposors