Florida Concealed Carry banner

First thoughts on undertech t-shirt concealed carry

9K views 55 replies 20 participants last post by  Wizard509 
#1 ·
Hmmmmmm, I'm going to have to get used to this new kind of carry. I have it on now and I'm just not sure about this yet.

The butt of my S&W Shield definitely shows under the lightweight t-shirt that I'm wearing. It is obvious. I'm at home today so it doesn't matter. Not a deal breaker, just something I need to get used to. I'm going to have to wear this around the house for a while before I can give a thorough review.

I'll report back in next week.

Stay tuned.

~MamaBear

https://www.undertechundercover.com/pages/women

#3 ·
Now 10x, you know better than that. :deadhorse

I already preempted these sorts of comments by including the link that has younger/skinnier models for those who wish to see these sorts of things. :angel

I've been wearing the t-shirt all day and noticed that the gun keeps nicking my upper arm. I'll keep working with it. I certainly like the idea of it to have something different and not bunchy around the waistline.

#4 ·
You know that's the first (and sometimes the only) place men look at on a woman. Not making judgements, just fact.
If the butt is sticking out like a third breast then its 100% a bulge is going to be seen. You'd have to wear a loose shirt (nothing tight) on top of the undertech.
I can walk around all day printing like crazy with an appendix carry and nobody would notice. Bra carry is another story.

#6 ·
I wore 5-11’s version of this shirt for years while working plain clothes as a LEO. It does take some time to get used to wearing it and I had to carry a Sig 229 Handgun.

I had to wear a tank top under deep concealment T-Shirt and a long sleeve dress shirt on top of that. Thank goodness I never had to take out my weapon because I would of had to rip the buttons off to get the firearm out. I normally wore this 5-11 deep concealment T-Shirt during the winter and cool months of the year. During the summer I wore my duty weapon in an appendix holster and didn’t tuck in my dress shirt.

#8 ·
I guess I'm just old school, I don't even look at the new crazy ideas that come around. I wear this under a t-shirt all the time with no issues whatsoever.

#9 ·
As you know, flphotog, women have different carry issues due to the wide range of different clothes styles we wear. If I thought I could get away with just one carry style I'd stick with it.

Ladies, you KNOW that within the range of one waking day our weight can go up and down several pounds. We have our fat days and we have our fat hours. One day our fat jeans don't even fit and the next day they are loose.

I have OWB and IWB and corset holsters. Now I have a t-shirt holster. All of them are necessary. Unfortunately.

I'm venturing out today for a quick errand and then lunch at a friend's house. She doesn't know I carry. I'll wear the t-shirt holster as a real test of concealment.

#10 ·
All considerations about absolute concealment aside, most people are more self conscious about carrying than they need to be. I have carried both large and small revolvers and semis for nearly 50 years and have never but once been called on it and that was when my shirt hiked up while riding a motorcycle, working undercover. It was a 4” revolver and a Md. police cruiser had me stopped and surrounded by several a Police cars. Long ago and never an incident since. ( no more small of the back “Mexican” for me, :grin). I carry a 5” 1911 now with no paranoia even though I can see myself printing occasionally. No one else notices.

Sometimes not being comfortable can draw attention to the tugging and fidgeting I can sometimes observe by new carriers that would not otherwise draw my attention. :dunno

#13 ·
I'm not as concerned about the printing as I am about those snug garments NOT adequately protecting the trigger, especially upon reholstering. I see a possible disaster around the corner. I just prefer something in Kydex or a high quality leather. But hey, those pics do look nice! :grin

#15 ·
The girls in those pics suffer from that disease “noassatall”.

If you look at the models, they all are standing with their arms out . Personally, I think the retaining pocket is way too high to be comfortable.

Any new report mamabear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
I've been wearing one every day for years.
MB I'm curious if the mag of your gun has an extended plate on the end of it?
Is there a flat flush fit mag for the gun?
I carry my GL43 with the flush fit mag in it. I'm skinny and nothing sticks out or gets noticed.

Nobody noticed it at either one of the meet and greet breakfasts I attended, not even Caleb. :grin

The rubbing your arm is noticeable at first.
But give it a few days and you'll soon not even feel it.

#22 ·
I'm still deciding. I wore it out to my friend's house and it may have been too soon. I kept feeling it under my arm. She never noticed anything different at all though. I did wear a different shirt, but I still felt that the butt of the gun poked out. I was carrying the S&W Shield.

I'm going to wear it at home today to try to get used to it. I can see where this would be a great cooler weather t-shirt when layers help. I'm still not so sure about wearing it with just a t-shirt over it. When I'm out doing yard work I'll wear it then because no one usually sees me.

Caleb, I also noticed that the models had their arms out which made me hesitant. I even mentioned that in one of my posts as well. People don't go around like that. Arms hang down and swing when we walk. It's been too wet outside to go back in the little wilderness area near our house to do any walking. I'll wear it back there anyway because we rarely pass anyone so I don't care if the butt of the gun pokes through. I wear my corset back there so wearing a different carry won't make any difference to me.

Jury is still out. On the other hand I'm glad I have a different style of carry and do not regret the purchase even if it is for cooler weather or outside yard/exercise carry.

I'll wear it another week or two and give a better review then.

#24 ·
It is one of those things you think everyone is going to notice. But just like a gun on your hip under a Tshirt nobody ever really does. Does your gun have smaller baseplates available for the mag? This will help reduce the 'poking out'.

Ronnie to answer your question about ease of access, it is not the quickest draw. But a slower draw with a gun you have is still better than no ability to draw because you don't have one. For me I leave one of the buttons on my shirt undone. It's under my tie so nobody ever realizes one is not buttoned. Then I simply reach in and undo the strap and draw the gun. Getting it back in is harder than getting it out. :)

#23 ·
Mamabear,
How easy or hard is it to get the gun in your hand and ready using one of these garments??????
My friend that is Female just uses a sticky with her Glock 42 in it IWB and has no problems at all.
She never wears a dress at all, Jeans or a pants suit.
Ronnie

#25 ·
Thank you, I did not even think of a button shirt, I only wear T-Shirts and don't even own a shirt with buttons but it is a good idea if you are Female and use one of these.
Ronnie

#26 ·
I used to carry my backup in the plate carrier of my ballistic vest when I was on duty. When I saw one of these shirts I thought of that pocket, just located elsewhere and thought it might work just as well. My CM40 is the smallest of my carry guns, a true back up only piece and I can't stand to carry it in that shirt. It feels secure enough but I just can't get used to having my pistol tucked under my arm. I have a twice worn shirt in the box of unused holsters. I suppose my old suspender style shoulder holster is more comfortable because of it's adjustable height and cant. My calves are too fat for ankle carry too so my backup is left at home most times.

#27 ·
MamaBear, You are reviewing comfortability but not operability... how is the reach/draw? That's what make me look twice at both, the undershirt and the corset.

I would never consider the undershirt for me as "factory specifications" exclude any carry above waist line. But no matter the body type, I think reaching all the way around for the gun must be slow and difficult…? Maybe someone disjointed (like some girl here) could, but for me is short of impossible. Have you drawn easily? As a cross draw (choice?) it would paint a whole room (if not also your own arm) when drawing..

For the corset I never caught your comments on the draw... The fact that the gun gets under the line of cover looks difficult... like you have to put the whole hand in to draw the gun... and that would handle the trigger/trigger guard while still holstered? I understand from the construction point of view, that the slant of the cover is what tighten the gun butt to the body, but...covers everything from the gun...?

both are choices for deep concealment, but everyday carry is something else. I don't know; I like to hear your thoughts on the drawing for both.
I'm a fan of low/same side drawing, even for weak side backup gun when carrying it. One of the reason was already mentioned regarding people focus on a woman. I prefer to use that to deviated the focus from other areas where I can carry with more freedom. But still like to have choices, of course.

#31 ·
MamaBear, You are reviewing comfortability but not operability... how is the reach/draw? That's what make me look twice at both, the undershirt and the corset.

I would never consider the undershirt for me as "factory specifications" exclude any carry above waist line. But no matter the body type, I think reaching all the way around for the gun must be slow and difficult…? Maybe someone disjointed (like some girl here) could, but for me is short of impossible. Have you drawn easily? As a cross draw (choice?) it would paint a whole room (if not also your own arm) when drawing..

For the corset I never caught your comments on the draw... The fact that the gun gets under the line of cover looks difficult... like you have to put the whole hand in to draw the gun... and that would handle the trigger/trigger guard while still holstered? I understand from the construction point of view, that the slant of the cover is what tighten the gun butt to the body, but...covers everything from the gun...?

both are choices for deep concealment, but everyday carry is something else. I don't know; I like to hear your thoughts on the drawing for both.
I'm a fan of low/same side drawing, even for weak side backup gun when carrying it. One of the reason was already mentioned regarding people focus on a woman. I prefer to use that to deviated the focus from other areas where I can carry with more freedom. But still like to have choices, of course.
:rofl Yeah, I could reach it, but I still have some of the other problems mentioned. I'm waiting to hear more of MamaBear's experiences with it before trying one myself. Not sure it would work well with a double stack anyway, which would make my current EDC too big and heavy for it.

#29 ·
Real quick, Barbie, I have a friend coming over.

It's not a quick draw thing. Neither the corset nor the t-shirt. In my mind it is 'have a gun or don't have a gun' kind of thing.

Sometimes it's good enough to just be able to carry a gun on your person no matter how that carry is. Some situations do not afford us to side carry in a holster and leather belt. Especially for females. We simply have to make allowances for our situation.

If it was the wild west I'd have a gun strapped for all the world to see, but alas, I'm a city girl trying to do what I can do with what I have.

#30 ·
Totally get it. But I was talking no so much about quick but "able"... it looks soooo high and around. A lot of work for opposite shoulder... Or that's how I imagine it. My arm would surely be rubbed raw. i just don't have a space for it, but If i would, separating arms and all, still the work around route would be long to reach the gun

#41 ·
I wore it last night when we took Cub 2 out for his birthday dinner. I figured a crowded restaurant would be a good test. I wore a different blouse and in my opinion the butt of the gun still pokes out. It's as if I have a tumor or something poking out. That said, people are either oblivious or polite enough to not say anything. I've worn it enough that I did not constantly feel the gun under my arm. I honestly do not see how to totally conceal this gun. I'm wearing the S&W Shield. I'd prefer to carry my Glock 19 this way, but if the S&W butt is showing I can't imagine trying to hide the Glock. Maybe different layers when it gets cooler will help hide it better. I'll try then.

The images on the website show young, perky girls in only the t-shirt. I'm neither. I'm just a normal middle-aged woman who wants to carry a gun while I'm out doing errands.

Summary:

I'm glad I have an alternative carry when I don't want to feel the gun pressing on my abdomen.
I'm glad I have an alternative carry when I'm doing yard work or out walking the trail. I've been wearing the corset during these times and having the t-shirt will not be as constricting.
I'm glad I have an alternative carry to the corset.
It's nice to find this t-shirt this time of year when I'm going to layer my clothes anyway.

I'm not happy the butt of the gun pokes out no matter how I adjust it.

I do not regret the purchase and will wear it when I know I can layer around it. I know it is not going to be a quick draw. It will cause me to step up the situational awareness knowing that. Not a deal breaker. I'd rather have a gun on me than not.

Hope this helps someone.

~MamaBear

#43 ·
Thanks for the update mamabear. I might get one for the misses as she is also looking for a different concealment option. I gave her my Shield so, hopefully it will work for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#44 ·
You didn't give it to her, she took it, just like something else in her purse:p

#46 ·
^^^^
Yup, I ALWAYS get the last word in conversations with CINCHOME, "Yes dear!" :rofl

#52 ·
so far. Artemis said me and Jake can use her boat ramp :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.