Florida Concealed Carry banner

CCW 90 day process suspension

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  liftedpsd2010 
#1 ·
I figured after 30 years and an adjudication YO would not be an issue. The record that came back was incomplete and from out of state. It’s near to impossible to get any info on filing this election of rights and time is running out. I dont want to wave any of my rights and I know I have nothing that disqualifies me. I hate to open a can of worms since the state is already chasing rabbits requesting information to clear this up. I have already provided them with a background check from the county sheriff showing no arrests and I believed they received the same. It’s impossible to find an attorney who will help with this and FloridaCarry is impossible to get in touch with. Any advice?

#2 ·
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Randy2010! :wave

Since this was your first post to FCC, now would be a really good time to also go back and post you're own Introduction thread to FCC so the members get to know you. You can do that by going to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. Then you'll find that lots of other FCC members will know to chime in to properly welcome you to the forum, and will be more responsive in answering questions!

In the meantime, why do you say it is impossible to find an attorney? They are out there. You can also try sending a PM to rvrctyrngr, who is a member here and a FC Board Member.

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Finally, I would like to recommend you consider joining Florida Carry and join the effort to protect the rights of Floridians to keep and bear arms!

Again, welcome to FCC! :grin

#3 ·
I truly don't want to sound stupid by stating the obvious, but did you try Google-ing "Gun Rights Attorney Florida"?
Several pop up; many who even specialize in this field of law.
(Some sites even show the attorneys posing for photos with their guns.)

Speaking of a can of worms....
Yes, the adage goes that the only way to re-can them once opened, is to use a larger can.
But with 30 year-old "offenses", maybe those worms aren't as mobile as they once were? :)

Best of luck to you.
If you're eligible, they have to give you the carry permit.

#5 ·
Waiting is the hardest part, If it was me I would wait until I was rejected before paying the retainer. Because with the rejection would come the reason and then you would know if you could solve the problem with your wallet undamaged IMHO.

#6 ·
Good point. Here is the gray area. If you don’t appeal the suspension it can remain in suspension indefinitely because the 90 day clock no longer applies. If they don’t receive the information they need you may never get a rejection. I’m my case everything I was able to gather either is not dated as they show or there is no records. FL was going to fix this gray area by issuing the CCW within the 90 days if they could not conclude you were disqualified and if they received information to prove so then revoke your lincensure, then Parkland happened and they never voted on it. So I have a 30 year old YO non qualifying event from when I was 17 from out of state and there are no diffinitive records with the reported date. You see my conundrum.

#7 ·
Did you read the bolded in post #2? Did you send the PM?

IIRC, the suspension of the 90 day clock is not indefinite purgatory for your application, just a suspension of the 90 day clock because they're not sure how long it will take to receive the amplifying information. You can help them receive the information from the state where the question occurred. You and/or your attorney should be able to contact the court or states attorney's office in that state and see if they can provide the information required by DOACS or FDLE, which should have been or will be communicated to you.

#8 ·
I had a friend who had a 20 year old weed charge, they sent a notice and he had to pay the clerk of the court in IL. 5$ for a copy of the final outcome and 15$ to overnight it to the department of AG before time ran out. So time to PM the board member. I wish you the best of luck.

#10 ·
Good, now you should consider getting the horse back in front of the cart as suggested by the first paragraph of post #2 so everyone else here will know to welcome a new member. :grin

#11 ·
Keep us informed of your progress with your application. The 90 day timeline is governed by f.s. 790.06(6)(c):

(c) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services shall, within 90 days after the date of receipt of the items listed in subsection (5):
1. Issue the license; or
2. Deny the application based solely on the ground that the applicant fails to qualify under the criteria listed in subsection (2) or subsection (3). If the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services denies the application, it shall notify the applicant in writing, stating the ground for denial and informing the applicant of any right to a hearing pursuant to chapter 120.
3. In the event the department receives criminal history information with no final disposition on a crime which may disqualify the applicant, the time limitation prescribed by this paragraph may be suspended until receipt of the final disposition or proof of restoration of civil and firearm rights.
This will get cleared up once DOACS receives the disposition of your issue from your distant past.

#12 ·
Did you call them? I didn’t have the same thing happen but mine was delayed because dmv put my wrong birthdate in the finger print card. I called and called and finally got someone to help me out. They should he able to give any info to help you. Also did yo I check your tracking number to see what it says?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.