Florida Concealed Carry banner

Veterans CC Application

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  2411 
#1 ·
Does my DD214 qualify for the training course waiver as specified on Question 6, "Have you received training with a firearm as required by Section 890.06(2)(h), Florida Statutes, relating to competency with a firearm?" It says on my dd214 i have marksman (rifle)
Thanks,new to Florida conceal carry,i am originally from Indiana and had a lifetime carry license,pretty much a breeze to get there,looks a little different here in the sunshine state.
Thanks!

#4 ·
Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, inky! :wave

As MPDC66 replied, your DD214 satisfies the training requirement. Thank you for your service. If memory serves, being a Vet also provides you with priority processing so you should receive your FLCWL in a more quickly. The fastest I've seen reported is under a week to receive the approval and a few days more for the FLCWL to arrive in the mail. :dancingbanana

Since this was your first post to FCC, now would be a really good time to also go back and post you're own Introduction thread to FCC so the members get to know you. You can do that by going to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. Then you'll find that lots of other FCC members will know to chime in to properly welcome you to the forum, and will be more responsive in answering questions!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding use of force and firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

There is also this military service thread that I suggest you check out. You'll find a lot of us have posted there, too. :grin

Finally, I would like to recommend you consider joining Florida Carry and join the effort to protect the rights of Floridians to keep and bear arms!

Again, welcome to FCC! :grin

#5 ·
When I got my CCW (FL), even though my Navy Expert Pistol qualification was all I needed to meet the training requirement, I took a CCW course anyway. And, I'm glad I did. It was a good course. There are some ***tty courses out there, so do some homework. But, I think it's worth taking, even with the DD214 qualification.

I'll ditto BeerHunter's recommendation for Jon Gutmacher's book. MUST READ (and keep as a reference). Know the laws COLD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.