Florida Concealed Carry banner

CWP expectations!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Derrick1971 
#1 ·
Hello fellas! Sorry it's been awhile! I'm in a debate on another forum about CWP expectations! Anyway when I got my FL CWP I remember a paper included that stated something to this effect that the state expects you to get involved if a LEO needs help. (common sense of course). Also that we should try to stop a forcible felony if we could. Does anyone else remember this or maybe still has this paper and can post it here. Thanks

#2 ·
In Florida it is a crime to refuse to assist a police officer or licensed security officer who specifically requests such assistance. See F.S. 843.06.

Regarding forcible felonies, only a fool would tell you that you "should try to stop" them. You may use lethal force if necessary to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony, F.S. 776.013(1)(b).

#3 ·
In Florida it is a crime to refuse to assist a police officer or licensed security officer who specifically requests such assistance. See F.S. 843.06.
Just to elaborate... This means that you are NOT required to help, unless the officer specifically asks.

Of course, you MAY help, even if the officer does not ask. But if he has not specifically asked, you want to be absolutely certain that he knows you are trying to help him. If he suddenly sees someone else with a gun, there is the very real possibility that he could think you are yet another one of the bad guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.