Florida Concealed Carry banner
3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  LabGuy 
#1 ·
In December of 2017 I ordered a Wright Leather Works 1.5" wide, 14 oz. (1/4" thick) genuine bull hide gun belt to test the waters before ordering one of their holsters. I ordered it on 12/16, it shipped on 12/20 & it arrived on 12/26. This thing is stout for sure & it fits great. As soon as I put it on I noticed that the size numbers on the inside were upside down & so was their logo on the outside of the belt. This is no big deal to me but if I was them I would want my trademark visible & legible for all to see. After the test fit I took it back off to change the buckle out to my own. I'm not sure if they used Loctite or have Lou Ferrigno tightening the Chicago Screws but they would not budge. I tried for a full day & had other people trying as well but I could not loosen them. Not being able to put my own buckle on a belt is a deal breaker for me. I contacted them to ask if there was a trick to getting them off. Brandon Wright replied instantly & said to put one side on some rubber to get it to bite so I could loosen it. I had already tired that & every other material I could find but nothing worked. He suggest that they send a new belt without the hardware installed, which they did. I informed him that their logo was upside down also & he requested pictures. Once he received the pictures he said he would get a new belt out asap. I received the new belt & my buckle went on easy. It fits great & feels great but I was a little puzzled because their logo was upside down again. I was not disappointed about how it looks but I am disappointed in their quality control. I brought this to their attention & they still managed to ship the replacement with the same error. I really wanted one of their holsters but I was not sure I felt confident ordering one because of this QC issue. So after a couple months of wearing their belt I can honestly say....I love it. It is thick & caused some issues with my carry knife & belt buckles but I have that worked out. I’ve carried IWB, OWB & in my pocket with comfort. A great gun belt is something I always overlooked but it makes a huge difference when you carry everyday. So I ordered one of their Banshee IWB holster for my J-Frame on 03/09. I received the shipping notice on 05/11, after 9 weeks & 3 days it is finally here. The Wright Leather Works Banshee IWB holsters for my Smith & Wesson 442. I'm super excited to get this bad girl into action. Something about the smell of fresh leather is very satisfying. The quality seems great & they actually stamped their logo on it correctly which is a relief after 2 belts in a row had it upside down. Maybe they take more pride in their holsters. So far it is very comfortable. Much better than the hybrid style holsters I have been using. It is a however a small revolver so it's not bad to carry in general. The metal clips are a much better fit for me than the leather loops because they makes the pistol ride much lower. I put the pistol in a plastic bag & in the holster overnight, it draws perfectly. I'm pretty happy with the purchase so far but today will be my first full day wearing it. We'll see how it holds up over the summer. If it works out I will definitely be getting more of their holsters in the future.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I thought the same thing. There is no option for ordering one on the website & their photos all show them as righties. Maybe 2 guys that are the same size as me custom ordered left handed belts & canceled the orders right as they finished so they pawned them off on me?

#4 ·
what the heck is a left handed belt?..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.