Florida Concealed Carry banner

denied ccw

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  dudester 
#1 ·
I was denied my ccw due to a possession felony that was supposed to have been expunged back in the early 90's. I went through the motions of hiring an attorney to get the felony properly expunged from my record.
My question is what would the procedure be to qualify for a ccw now? It's been over a year since the first application.
thanks in advance for any feedback.

#2 ·
You can probably just re-apply with a new application. However, I would suggest you hire a competent attorney knowledgeable in Florida Firearms Law. You might join FloridaCarry.org ($30/yr IIRC) and then ask them to help. :dunno

#3 ·
I would also suggest sending in a copy of the expungement papers as well.

#4 ·
Did they deny the ccw purely for an expunged offence or for failure declaring it and providing papers up front? I heard they can be pretty unforgiving if an applicant fails to disclose something and they find out on their own.

#5 ·
Many times these "expungements" don't make it all the way through the system. You should contact FDLE and ask them about a course of action. You can contact the Dept of Agriculture who is the administrator for CC licensing in FL, but don't be surprised if they can't help you. FLDE should be able to tell you what is holding you up. I see this all the time in my shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.