What representatives of the NRA should be saying - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What representatives of the NRA should be saying

That's a failure of the parents (dads), if they don't know how to change a flat.

That said, I'm 54 years old, and I've encountered contemporaries that don't know how to change a flat.

Years ago I was out at night with a buddy of mine. We were in our 30s at the time. I had a blow-out. Pulled over. My friend said, "aren't you going to call AAA?" Ummmm... no. I'm going to change the tire. It will take me about 5 minutes. AAA will take 2 hours just to get here.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life Member

"Dances with guns."

Distinguished Member
    Glock 26
    Fl CWL holder
    NRA member

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
    I loved it as much as everyone else. Dude is articulate, convincing, and "Joe America."

That said, I did have a couple of points of contention... to nitpick

I disagree that most gun owners would turn them in, if banned (as he asserted he would comply). And, recent history proves that out. In NY and CT, shortly after the Sandy Hook mass murder, they passed laws requiring so-called "assault weapons" (aka scary black guns) be registered. It's been several years now, and the compliance rate for those states is between 6 - 12%, if I recall correctly. Only 6 - 12% of the gun owners have registered their firearms. In NY, alone, it is estimated that 1 million EBRs (evil black rifles) are UNregistered... non-compliant with the new law.

I disagree with his implication that the town council should side with the "majority" (he declares himself to be a part of). The majority do not rule in this country. Maybe he's in the majority. Maybe not. Doesn't matter. We are not a democracy. We are a republic. There's a difference. If the town council supports and defends the Constitution, they should side with him, even he's the ONLY one asserting and using his Rights.

Furthermore, the Constitution protects the Rights of the INDIVIDUAL against infringement by the government. PERIOD.

So, it doesn't matter if the majority are "for" or "against" guns and gun ownership. The Right simply exists. The Constitution PROTECTS that Right... even if it's ONE PERSON against 100,000 who would rather he not have a gun.
    Well stated, brother! That man's speech was great, excepting the points you noted, which were exactly the faults I'd noted as well.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Duplicate threads merged.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, GOA, NRA Endowment Life
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-Present
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

“The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States

"Those who 'abjure' violence can only do so because others are commuting violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by mike_1950 View Post
    Even though I am now a member of the NRA, the problem I have always had with them is they do not articulate the importance of firearm ownership and the fallacy of liberal feel good gun laws with speeches like this gentleman does. Between the two, which person commands respect and gains attention about the subject of gun laws......Mr Robinson or ...Ted Nugent?
    Talk about perfect timing........now this does a lot of good for our gun rights with Mr Idiot saying crap like this!!! https://www.yahoo.com/news/ted-nugen...174430158.html
    NRA Member
    FBI & NIS Live action qualification course
    Range Officer/Safe Shooter Course -GTR
    USN Expert pistol Award
    USN Fleet Competitive Pistol Team / Representative of 8th Naval District
    USN Rifle Marksman

Sposors