Florida Concealed Carry banner

"Trade in ammunition, not for duty use"

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  BeerHunter 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a first for me. While at the local GT Distributors I ran across a huge stock of ammo in different calibers, makes, types. On each box was a label stating "Trade in ammunition, not for duty use". How many here has ever run across these and did you purchase any? I'm assuming that they were in L.E. stock and never used but have a use by date. Some were RangerT and priced very low.

I guess L.E. agencies have the luxury that civilians do as to trading in ammo, the amount that was in stock were pallet amounts! Cases upon cases upon cases!:popcorn

https://www.gtdist.com/products/guns-firearms/ammunition/hornady-5-56-nato-20-bx-75gr-sbr-tap-1.html

I'm going back with bunch of cash, normal price on Winchester RangerT 9mm is approximately 23.00/50 and if not mistaken, I saw a price of 13.00/50.

#2 ·
Yeah... I'd buy some, too!

#3 · (Edited)
I have not personally purchased any but a couple of my friends have and they report nothing wrong with it. Could be any reason for an agency getting rid of it... might just be that after some evaluation they prefer a different round, but who knows? My thinking would be this: assuming you're not going to load up your EDC weapon with this stuff until you prove it reliable to yourself, then how could you go wrong? 4 boxes of factory WRT 9 would cost you $92, and 5 boxes of these would run you $65. At that price, even if you had an entire box turn out to be bad, you've still got 4 good boxes for around 2/3 normal price. And I seriously doubt 20% of this ammo won't work. It's premium ammo from a quality manufacturer, not Billy Bob's Bullets.

#6 ·
If stored properly in a cool dry place and not exposed to harsh chemicals, etc. ammo, especially modern doesn't really go bad. If I had the opportunity, I would buy a bunch in a heartbeat.

#10 ·
OK, made my ammo run. 1 case of 500 rds Federal 45auto FMJ for 115.00 and 4 boxes of 50 Ranger T .45acp for 67.96. Box Ammunition Carton Packaging and labeling Auto part

#12 ·
Ive bought this in the past also ranger 9mm and maybe some 45s. It shot just fine.....and the price was excellent...

#13 ·
I need to find a deal like that. I'd be tempted to buy the whole pallet! :grin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.