Florida Concealed Carry banner

Wait Times

70K views 306 replies 99 participants last post by  tc13142 
#1 ·
How long is the wait now I've heard all kinds of times. Floridas web site says less then 90 days with electronic prints I just wondered what times are accurate now. Thanks

This post has been deleted
#89 ·
Umm, oops,

It appears that jameskellogg01 was the one who mailed his check the day before me.

Sorry about that flccnp. Congrats on the issue jameskellogg01!

MamaBear, still waiting.

#92 ·
flccnp,

You've done nothing wrong but it seems you are watching me out of the corner of your eye just in case. I'm not sure what would scare you guys more about me. Would it be that I'm about to get my license and will carry legally with a loaded gun or would it be when I whip out my red ink pen and start proofreading posts? :D

MamaBear

ps - I promise I don't proofread posts. Honest. It's all I can do to keep up with the kids' papers. My computer time is my down time. My teacher brain is off duty then.

#94 ·
I have you know that there is nothing wrong with drinking Ghirardelli Chocolate Carmel coffee. That's good stuff. But even that pales in comparison to my local Orlando favorite Barnie's Coffee. Creme Brule and Classic Caramel mixed is my favorite. I don't go to that expensive Fivebucks-per-cup place.

I may not know a lot about guns but I know good coffee when I taste it. :)

MamaBear

#95 ·
I called yesterday and finally was able to get confirmation that they received my app.

I sent it July 11th.
It was received by them on July 14th.
I paid with a money order so I can't tell when that was/will be cashed.
I was told they had not started processing it (as of Sept 5th).

:thumbsdwn

It appears that nothing really 'helps' anymore!

On a brighter note, I can relax some now that I have confirmation that they did receive it!

This post has been deleted
#99 · (Edited)
Waited a long time!

I sent my app. in end of Feb. April, got letter saying electronic prints unreadable. At the time the person taking the prints said here's a paper stating that they were the best prints that they could get. So as soon as the letter came (the same day) I got a new set also electronic and sent them in. I called once a week until it finally came in the mail mid Aug. That's five months give or take. You just have to sit back and wait, it will come sooner or later! Sooner I hope for you.:pistols

#112 ·
MAK,

Congrats. Now you have to do your Wally World walk/"nacho run." :dancingbanana

#113 ·
They cashed my check 7/7/08. I called today and they said it has been processed but still didn't know when I would get it. Someone from the conciealed carry division is supposed to call me back with an explaination, I'll keep you posted.

#114 ·
OK, they didn't call me back so I called them again. This one tells me it was not processed. I explain (again) I was told it was and someone would call me from CCW division. Now she says "they didn't get my app. until 7/23/08 and it would be a while". Now I tell her that it was highly unlickly they didn't get it until 7/23 because they cashed the check 7/7 and demanded to speak directly with someone from CCW. The CCW woman says it seems to have been approved but hadn't been sent and she couldn't see why. She checked to see all was in order while I was on the phone, apoligized for the delay, approved it to be sent and said I would recieve it with in 5-10 days. They send it back to the dept. of agriculture who issues the plastic and then send it to me. If you have been waiting as long as me I would call and ask to speak with someone other than the people who answer the phone. I hope this helps someone out.

#115 ·
Argh.

Do you know if they do back ground checks other than what is on the application? I'm asking because they cashed my check a week before my husband's check and he received his license last week. I'm still waiting. My husband has had secret clearance status several times for various jobs so I don't know if stuff like that shows up and he got priority or something.

MamaBear

#116 ·
Ha ha, MamaBear you seem as frustrated as I am!

I called Thursday and found out that they had finally begun processing (Received by them on 7/14). The woman told me I shouldn't call back for another 2-3 weeks.

So it looks like 90 days is the current processing time.

Also, I have a current security clearance, I would seem to think that doesn't matter at all for this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.