Florida Concealed Carry banner

Wait Times

70K views 306 replies 99 participants last post by  tc13142 
#1 ·
How long is the wait now I've heard all kinds of times. Floridas web site says less then 90 days with electronic prints I just wondered what times are accurate now. Thanks

#47 ·
I think I told you guys about a couple of friends that took their course at the Tampa State Fairgrounds here about 2 months ago along with 600 hundred others that weekend. Well, they both received rejection notices in the mail. Reason was, their passport photo's which were supplied by the gun show, were black and white, the State requested "Color" passport photo's...I'll bet there is going to be alot of pissed off people when they find this out..

#50 · (Edited)
Just thought I'd post on this thread also that I just got my license yesterday; 56 days from mailbox to mailbox. (Electronic prints)
Went out today and bought a Kahr CW9, and ordered an MTAC Minotaur holster for it. It was nice not having to wait the 2 days to pick up the gun!
(early Christmas present!):dancingbanana

#53 ·
Congrats. Now hit the range and let us know how the pistol shoots. :D

#51 ·
Mailed mine out june 17th
check cashed june 28th
bought keltec pf9 in anticipation
bought springfield xd 9mm in anticipation
still waiting in anticipation, but its getting expensive.
now im looking at a springfield subcompact 40 in anticipation
going to ft laud gun show saturday in anticipation

soon!!!!!

#57 ·
I mailed my application on June 24th and my prints were done electronically. I called Tallahassee to inquire about it yesterday. The application was received on June 27th. That's the good news.

:)

The bad news is that Tallahassee hasn't even STARTED processing my application yet.

:eek:

I was told to call back again in a month.

:thumbsdwn

#63 ·
I sent mine in on July 11th. I had heard that a Money order can sometimes help as does the Electronic Fingerprints.

I waited to call until today, and was informed it now takes 45 days for apps to get into their system?

Kind of scares me, I'd feel much better knowing that they had it instead of no way to tell. I wish I'd paid with a check now!

#64 ·
When sending in my application, I tried to make it as easy as possible. I sent in a money order, did the electronic scan of my finger prints, sent along copies of my DD-214, my Florida security officers license, my drivers license, ah heck, I even sent along a copy of my security license from Washington, DC (I just moved to Florida in March).

:laughing

I didn't want there to be ANY excuse for my application to be delayed. So much for THAT strategy.

:rolleyes:

#65 ·
Thought I would call and see whats up with my license today. They informed me that my fingerprint card was illegible they just havent sent me a letter yet to let me know . Its been 52 days now and I am now going to get them done electronically to see if that speeds things up a bit. GEEE!!! this is so much fun . Guess sparky the fingerprint guy at the gun show was having a bad day. Oh well, Its a good lesson in patience, which is something I believe I will need plenty of when I begin to carry.

#67 ·
Ok, so patience is NOT one of my exceptionally few virtues. :rolleyes:

After receiving the devastating news last Friday that my application hadn't even started to be processed yet, and that I should call back in a month, I decided to call again today.

;)

Told ya, patience isn't one of my (exceptionally few) virtues.

Anyway, I spoke with a very nice lady, and after verifying my identity, she stated to me that my application had been processed on August 18th.

:clap

She also stated to me that "you should have your license in 7 to 10 days".

:dancingbanana

#70 ·
Wooo hooo, congrats. Now go forth and do you Wally World walk and tell us how it feels. :dancingbanana

#80 ·
I love reading this stuff. Especially when someone receives their license. I feel for ya'll still waiting. I remember all to well my wait and anticipation. I even received 2 rejections months apart I had to fight my way thru, so needless to say it took awhile to get mine. Frustration seemed to be my constant companion. Then one day, I checked the mail and danced a jig in my driveway.

#81 ·
Sent off package on 15 June, they cashed the check on 1 July and they issued it on 7 Aug. So almost 2 months with old school finger print card.

2 months for 7 years, not too bad of a trade-off :pistols

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.