Florida Concealed Carry banner

Wait Times

70K views 306 replies 99 participants last post by  tc13142 
#1 ·
How long is the wait now I've heard all kinds of times. Floridas web site says less then 90 days with electronic prints I just wondered what times are accurate now. Thanks

#17 ·
Got mine today. I did the manual fingerprint thing and a postal money order. 45 days. I'm stoked. I guess I'll do the Walmart walk this evening. My son wants to go to a fireworks place this evening. I may just do it.

#19 ·
I went to a gas station. An older lady almost bumped into me or I almost bumped into her because she was so close to me but she was totally oblivious of my weapon. I was a little self conscious and noticed a lot of folks looking at me. After I realized why, I had an LSU hat on that say Geaux Tigers and am in the middle of "Hurricane country." I then went to a fireworks warehouse (Neptune fireworks) in Dania Beach. A hundred or so people were in the warehouse but nobody even looked my way. They were too busy spending hundreds of dollars on fireworks. I then went to a Publix looking for macadamia nuts for my wife. Found them decided not to buy because they cost more than I wanted to pay. I called the wife and told her I was heading to Walmart. I didn't tell her why but I ended up buying her macadamia's and a box of candy. Still, no one was the wiser. I did make another guy in the parking lot because he had one of those black, square fanny packs that scream I am armed. I tilted my LSU cap to him and walked on to my car. He had this look on his face that was of bewilderment. I did not stop to say anything but he was so obvious. Not to mention all of the sheep. Whoa, what a feeling.

#21 ·
Back when I applied for my license, no one explained to me the benefit of electronic prints. I did the ink method.

It took 90 days to the day to receive it.

My wife applied on June 12th. 2008, she had electronic prints, it will be interesting to see what her wait time will be.

#45 ·
My wife checked yesterday ( Fri. 08-01-08 ) she was advised that she should receive her license either Friday 08-08 or Monday 08-11.

The anticipation is really getting to her! :dancingbanana

#22 ·
I wonder if electronic prints speeds up the process any? There is still somebody on the other end that has to compare/search those prints in the FBI and FDLE data bases. I got mine back in 45 days and I went the paper card route.

#23 ·
Electronic prints did give you a time advantage in the past but these days I've been told that it makes no difference because of the number of applications submitted. I still would go with electronic prints if I was applying today. It just seems better to already have it in the system even before your permit arrive in Tallahassee.

#28 ·
Well, I stopped by the office this morning, and as it turns out, I'm not in the system yet. The (very pleasant and helpful) lady looked at the date on my Mo and said that they were still getting april submission into the system, and to call her if it goes another month(which would be at about 90 days). It sounds like they are slam packed with people wanting a license, and are understaffed.

#29 ·
Wow :( . I hope it's not too much longer for you. This is why I'm encouraging everyone I know who is interested in concealed carry to apply now and not wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.