Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJ Bill S-69 Citizens' Protection Act

NJ Bill S-69 Citizens' Protection Act

Glimpse of hope in the news.

link to story:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/opin...560.xml&coll=3

"Restore gun-carry rights in New Jersey
    Monday, February 15, 2010
    At least 40 states allow sane law-abiding citizens to complete a simple screening process to obtain a permit to carry a firearm for self-defense. New Jersey continues to treat its good citizens like criminals, but that may finally change.

State Sen. Mike Doherty, R-Warren-Hunterdon, has introduced the Citizens' Protection Act, Bill S-69, which will revise and simplify the procedures for securing a New Jersey carry permit. The bill was referred to the Law and Public Safety Committee, chaired by state Sen. John A. Girgenti, D-Passaic.

Nothing will happen with the bill unless Girgenti posts it for a vote, and his past voting record suggests he's no friend of gun owners. He will post it if enough people contact him and request it.

His office is at 507 Lafayette Ave., Hawthorne, NJ 07506, phone is 973-427-1229. Ask him to restore our constitutional rights by posting Bill S-69 as soon as possible.

Thomas Deacon

Phillipsburg"

It would be a real nice change and it only makes sense. Criminals don't get permits to carry, they just do. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbake View Post
    Glimpse of hope in the news.

link to story:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/opin...560.xml&coll=3

"Restore gun-carry rights in New Jersey
    Monday, February 15, 2010
    At least 40 states allow sane law-abiding citizens to complete a simple screening process to obtain a permit to carry a firearm for self-defense. New Jersey continues to treat its good citizens like criminals, but that may finally change.

State Sen. Mike Doherty, R-Warren-Hunterdon, has introduced the Citizens' Protection Act, Bill S-69, which will revise and simplify the procedures for securing a New Jersey carry permit. The bill was referred to the Law and Public Safety Committee, chaired by state Sen. John A. Girgenti, D-Passaic.

Nothing will happen with the bill unless Girgenti posts it for a vote, and his past voting record suggests he's no friend of gun owners. He will post it if enough people contact him and request it.

His office is at 507 Lafayette Ave., Hawthorne, NJ 07506, phone is 973-427-1229. Ask him to restore our constitutional rights by posting Bill S-69 as soon as possible.

Thomas Deacon

Phillipsburg"

It would be a real nice change and it only makes sense. Criminals don't get permits to carry, they just do. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.
    this comes up every couple of years and it never gets anywhere, good luck I hope you get what you want. I left NJ for many reasons, the guns laws were one of them.

Good luck, I was born and raised in New Jersey. I moved to Florida in 1978. NJ is a cesspool of corruption and Progressive/Marxist morons.

I lived in Jersey for 35 years and it has gotten so liberal not to mention so crime ridden I am glad I left there. I remember going to the range with my cousins but it didn't take long for all that to come to an end. It is pathetic and I don't see it getting any better. I visit family there every few years and every time I go there I am anxious to get back to North Florida and it always takes me longer to go back. Last time I was there was five years ago and I am scheduled to go back for my high school class reunion in Oct 1011. We are staying only three days. Just enough time for the reunion and to quickly visit family before getting out of Dodge.
    "We must all hang together, or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately." Benjamin Franklin at the signing of the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776

NoShirtNoShoesNoTeeth Nokomis and Key Weird
    Wow, a lot of NJ refugees... I was born there, left at 18, never went back.
    George

Years ago I asked an old man why he carried concealed when I knew he had no license... He said "I'd rather be caught WITH a gun than WITHOUT

There is nothing "common" about common sense!
    NRA Life Member

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.".... Napoleon Bonaparte

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant". ... Mark Twain

I confess. Grew up near Exit 12 NJTP. Left at 19 to join Air Force. Briefly went back about 10 years ago. Been here in SWFL since.
    Rich
    MSgt, USAF, Ret.
    Executive Director, Florida Carry, Inc.
    ------------------
    NRA Certified Instructor, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PPITH
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    ------------------
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)
    Stag Arms Model 1
    ------------------
    Want to accomplish something for your gun rights?
    PITCH IN, QUIT B*TCHIN'

I have a college friend who still lives in New Jersey because he is still one of the few engineers who is still employed there.

He told me that the taxes are so bad there that people are moving out-of-state in droves, and that the State is so Anti-Second Amendment, that if he could find a job down here in Florida, making the money he is making now, he would move down here in a heartbeat.

I sent him a copy of this email which also contained a link to the news article.

Jerz,

Get you and your friends ( and have them all get their friends, and so on and so on ) on the phone and call this "butthole ". You gotta convince him to " post it for a vote " so you can get it passed, so your State will make it simpler and easier for you and your friends to get a New Jersey Concealed Weapon Carry Permit.

If you guys can get that passed then there is still some hope left for New Jersey yet ..... LOL

I have my Florida Concealed Weapon License, and I don't go anywhere anymore without my Colt 1911 Combat Commander, and two extra magazines, all loaded with .45 acp. 230 grain, Federal Premium Hydra-Shok, full metal jacketed hollow points. and " MrsTSsgt " also has her license and she carries a 2 inch, .357 magnum loaded with " + P " .38 caliber Federal Premium Hydra-Shok, full metal jacketed hollow points. And she knows how to use it too.

The U.S. is becoming one big toilet, and alot of the " crap " seems to flow downward towards Florida, but there are still many " turds " left up in New Jersey and everywhere else as well.

I don't think the situation is going to get any better, anywhere, anytime, soon. On the contrary, IMHO, it is going to get even worse before we will even be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

The good people, I am afraid, are going to have to face some type of " Post Katrina " civil unrest in this country. Times are going to get tougher in the U.S., and certain " badguys " who are going to react " badly " and start looking for trouble.

They are already doing so in Greece and France because of the " crappy " economy, and the rest of Europe is on the brink of doing so too.

The way things are going here, it is sure to hit the U.S. sometime between now and 2011.
    '

I wish him and his friends the best of luck ... it is a nice feeling to be free.
    I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution
    of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic ...

" If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to.
    This is the last stand on earth. "
    - Ronald Reagan, October 27, 1964

NRA Life Member - If not, you should be too!!
    COTEP Member Number: 751

Quote Originally Posted by rnascak View Post
    I confess. Grew up near Exit 12 NJTP. Left at 19 to join Air Force. Briefly went back about 10 years ago. Been here in SWFL since.
    Which is exit 12? Secaucus?

I grew up in Union City and Guttenberg.
    "We must all hang together, or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately." Benjamin Franklin at the signing of the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by henryher View Post
    Which is exit 12? Secaucus?

I grew up in Union City and Guttenberg.
    exit 12 is carteret, union county

i lived in NJ for 32 years. most of it spent in Hudson county in Union city.
    then in Bergen ,near Ridgefield , then Sussex near Newton. All i miss about the place is the dinners and the pizza. Sussex when I first moved there was still not built up , and there were a few places to go shoot ,sure you can hunt ,but you need a dam permit to by ammo .... it was easier to go to PA and hunt there ,and go to the range.
    Really hope they get this threw there are a lot of good people that are still there and they have rights too
    I said goodbye to my weakness, so long to the regrets, and now I know that I'm Alive.

Sposors