Florida Concealed Carry banner

Sig Sauer P320 Compact RX Holster

7K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Mackie244 
#1 ·
Hi all,
As the title states, I need a IWB Holster for a Sig Sauer P320 Compact RX with a Romeo 1 sight.

I scanned two pages and could not see this asked before.
If it has, my apologies for the redundancy.

Thanks in advance...

Mackie244

#3 · (Edited)
Echo what Edgehill posted. Panther Concealment (Jim45) web page lists the P320 as one of the guns they can make holsters for, but not sure if he's made an IWB yet for one with the Romeo1 sight. An email to jim@pantherconcealment.com should get you an answer. If you're looking for a kydex holster, NOTHING beats a Panther. Many of us here carry only on Pathers. I bought four of them, three OWB and one IWB for different EDC guns and will soon order a fifth. Bypass the drawer full of holsters you won't lime and get a Panther. :grin

BTW: I don't work for and am not compensated by PantherConcelament, just appreciate a great product from a Florida based company! :thumsup

#9 · (Edited)
Hi all,
First off I'd like to thank the members that replied to my post.
I did contact Jim at Panther Concealment along with Vedder Holsters and a few others.
I ultimately went with Vedders, ComfortTuck Combat Cut with Natural Horsehide Leather and Green ODG Carbon Fiber Kydex.
http://www.vedderholsters.com/comforttuck-combat-cut/

This type of holster is already being used as my EDC with my M&P Shield 9mm via a Aegis Armory Hybrid Shield Holster.
My Aegis Hybrid Holster is very comfortable all day.
http://aegisarmory.us/

The big difference between the Vedder / Aegis Armory holster and the Panther Concealment holster is the leather backing and dual clips.
Panther concealment IWB holsters that Jim referred me to were the "Standard" and "F-Series".
Both are a single clip Kydex holster.
http://pantherconcealment.com/iwb-holsters.html

I was afraid that the solid plastic against me would be uncomfortable, though it probably would not.
Vedder's most popular holster is their LightTuck single clip Kydex holster similar to Panther Concealment's.
http://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/

Ironically Panther Concealment doers not have a single video on You Tube in regard to their holsters, there is one for their knife sheath.
Of course Vedder and others have a lot of personal reviews (which goes a long way with me the viewer) as well as company you tube videos.
Not quite sure if that's because "Panther Concealment" is trying to stay concealed or not.
I even have a you tube channel, why not Panther Concealment?
It's the Millennia, Panther Concealment should get the word out about their holsters or at the least it would be nice to see regular users put up some satisfying reviews.
I would highly recommend to Jim at Panther Concealment to put some informative videos on you tube about their holsters.
Vedder Holsters actually has a lot of reviewers you tube clips on their website.
I really wanted to see some reviews from "Happy Customers"!
So, maybe some of the strong Panther Concealment supporters in this post will go onto you tube and post some encouraging reviews and help Jim out.

Ultimately in the end, I went with what I am already familiar with, rather than try something new.
I'll post back with a review after I have received my Vedder Holster.

Thanks again for your responses.

Mackie

#17 ·
I was afraid that the solid plastic against me would be uncomfortable, though it probably would not.
Vedder's most popular holster is their LightTuck single clip Kydex holster similar to Panther Concealment's.
That's most likely an unfounded fear, I, along with many others here, can tell you from personal experience that the kydex is far more comfortable than the gargantuan leather backed holsters.

Like others, I've had the Crossbreed SuperTuck, as well as the MiniTuck, as well as an Alien Gear. Not a single one was more comfortable than the ANY of my Panthers. (I lost count of how many I have. Somewhere in the neighborhood of like 14-16?) However, that said, all of the NON-Panther holsters were larger, heavier, bulkier, more expensive, and harder to get on and off.

Ultimately in the end, I went with what I am already familiar with, rather than try something new.
The Chinese philosopher, Zhuangzi, stated, "To be truly ignorant, be content with your own knowledge."

I believe that translates into the American colloquialism of, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

Or, in Browniespeak, "You don't know what you don't know--The mind is the limiting factor."

Who knows? Mackey might like it! :grin

-on Tapatalk

#10 ·
Mackie, good luck with your new holster! Familiarity with a product is a strong motivator for another sale.

Panther Concealment is a small company that has a VERY LARGE following here and the only way you could get more personal recommendation for their products than what you received via this thread and dozens, perhaps hundreds more threads with questions and responses from others just like this one, is to have met one or more of us in person. There are several of us that live and work within a short drive of your location that would have been glad to let you see and even try out several versons of Jim's holsters. I have four for two different EDC guns! By the way, I have two double belt clip hybrid IWB holsters that I no longer wear because my single belt clip Panther IWB holster is more comfortable, even for 26,000 miles of long distance driving over the last several months. It's also much easier to get on or off when I need to than the previous dual belt clip hybrid holsters I used to used until about three years ago.

I get what you're saying about videos, etc. but as I said, it's a small company. Regardless, the holster you purchased looks like a good one. Best of luck to you, sir. :thumsup

#11 · (Edited)
I wish you good luck with your choice of holster. Keep us posted on its performance. I have to state that I'm a Panther Concealment fan, I have over four of their holsters, both IWB and OWB types. I love the speed at which the holsters can be put on and off and the fact that they use thick Kydex instead of thin stuff like most holster makers use. Also these guys are local Florida folks who took a great design and went into their garage and made it happen. They are not some big production shop with dozens of people working for them, just two guys with a Kydex fetish. I would do a YouTube video but most folks don't want to see me in a thong modeling holsters.:rofl

#12 ·
I wish you good luck with your choice of holster. Keep us posted on its performance. I have to state that I'm a Panther Concealment fan, I have over four of their holsters, both IWB and OWB types. I love the speed at which the holsters can be put on and off and the fact that they use thick Kydex instead of thin stuff like most holster makers use. Also these guys are local Florida folks who took a great design and went into their garage and made it happen. They are not some big production shop with dozens of people working for them, just two guys with a Kydex fetish. I would do a YouTube video but most folks don't want to see me in a thong modeling holsters.:rofl
And yet I bet there are some who'd pay big money to see that...

...just once! :rofl

#13 · (Edited)
I would do a YouTube video but most folks don't want to see me in a thong modeling holsters.
LOL / ROFL
Now that cracked me up!
I do think you should do a video though....most videos show the IWB over a shirt.

these guys are local Florida folks
As a note Vedder Holsters is also a Florida company located by Orlando in Mount Dora, FL
I'm not sure the amount of employees.
And not that I am a Vedder fan (I haven't even received my holster yet) they do offer a 30 day trial. If I'm not happy, I can return it.
They also have a lifetime warranty for any problems that may arise as well as free retention adjustments if needed.
So, it sounds like they stand behind their products.

I may try a Panther down the road, I am not through purchasing a EDC.
I don't know if they ever show up at local Florida gun shows..I'd like to see one in person.
I do realize that it's Panther country here and that's a good thing!
BUT...
I would suggest that unless they just want to stay a small company and BMOC (big man on campus) in here, get the word out!
Show some customer reviews, get some videos up on you tube.
At the least have a you tube channel so if someone puts "Panther Concealment" in a you tube search bar, they come up!
That's Nationwide and not just Florida...plus it's free!
Who knows, you all may then say that you knew Panther Concealment WHEN they were a small company in a garage.
But that's just my opinion and you know what is said about that.

I'm heading out in a bit to Paul McCartney tonight at the Miami Airlines Arena...I'm sure it will be a Great Show!
And NO I won't be carrying...they are warning of the tight security and no weapons of any kind allowed.

Everyone have a Great Weekend!

Carry On!

Mackie / Bud

PS. While I'm typing this the Doors movie on Dish Epix is ending and Jim (Val Kilmer) is in the tub dead.
I went to his grave in the Père Lachaise Cemetery when I was in France!
Sad so many have left us way too soon!

#16 · (Edited)
FYI...So far I'm impressed with my Vedder ComfortTuck / Combat Cut Holster.
Comfortable to wear and the holster holds my Sig secure but yet easy to draw, due in part to the "Combat Cut" of the leather.
I wore it for just over half a day today.

I also like the light tan of the Premium Natural Horsehide Leather.
The "Small" Grip module on my P320 is OD Green, so I got the OD Green Carbon Fiber Kydex.
I think the two are a nice compliment to each other, even though no one will ever see it. LOL!

So, in summary, if someone is looking for a holster for their P320 or the P320 RX with the Romeo 1 this is just another of many choices available.
Vedder can also accommodate lasers and or lights for the P320.

Carry On!

Mackie 244

#18 ·
Thanks for the pics and glad you're happy with your purchase. The Vedder looks very similar to two of my hybrid IWB holsters from other vendors that I no longer wear because they're neither as comfortable nor easy to get on or off as the all-kydex holsters I replaced them with, both IWB and OWB. Regardless, carry on in safety and good health. :grin

#21 ·
Hi all,
I just thought that I would do an update on my Vedder holster.
I've been carrying my Sig P320 for almost 2 months now and it has been two thumbs up and very comfortable.

I wear it with a Kore Essentials Trak-Line 1.5" black gun belt
https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts/products/x1-gun-buckle-black-reinforced-belt-set-1
I really like this gun belt (I wear it even if I am not wearing my gun) and I need to get another one in brown.

The Vedder holster slips on and off my belt very easily,
I leave the belt a few clicks loose, insert the holster by clipping the front clip (at about my pocket) and then easily dropping in the holster and clipping on the rear clip.
Then I click snug the Trak Line belt.
Comfortable while sitting in my car or anywhere else and moving around a lot, standing or on my knees.
My P320 has a perfect fit into the Kydex snug but not too snug, of course Vedder has a lifetime warranty on all of the holster and will re-fit or repair free of charge.

Vedder was also very nice to work with (a quick email response from them in regard to my Romeo 1 Red Dot) and they cut the Kydex to fit the Romeo on my P320
Many holster manufacturers only had holsters for stock P320 and not the RX version with the Romeo 1.

There are so so many holster options today for IWB and OWB the Vedder that I am using is just one.
If you like the leather backed version like Vedder Comfort Tuck, I'd say, it's worth a look.

Mackie / Bud

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.