Stay Sharp

Brownie

Super Moderator
    Don't think it's anything I'd desire.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, NRA-Life Member
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-PPITH, MDQHI
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-2017
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    -- Circa 1938, author unknown

"It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living."
    -- Gus McCrae

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Just stand there for a minute Mr. BG while I open up my cell phone gun so I can shoot you. No Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Does it come standard with the exploding Samsung Galaxy 7 battery?

https://www.facebook.com/phaselinede...5285245833732/

Hopefully you can see the video in the link... the "All new Apple iGun".
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    Zo (aka Sgt. "Hadji", USMC '92-'99)
    NRA Certified RSO and Pistol Instructor
    S&W .357 Magnum Revolver / Ruger P90 .45 ACP / S&W M&P .22 Compact / Ruger LCP II .380

Distinguished Member
    I'm all for freedom, and if you want to buy this, god bless ya.

But...

Nope.

• .380? No thank you. As Ayoob puts it, "some will call it barely adequate, some will call it barely inadequate..." - not gonna dispute him.

• Ripple effect - cops are going to think anyone drawing a bulky cell phone case could potentially be drawing a firearm on them, if this thing gets popular.

Also, wouldn't this fall under the classification as an AOW?

The ATF is mum on the issue.

http://blog.defenderoutdoors.com/leg...cellphone-gun/

Byington said that, at first glance, this gun disguised as a cellphone could easily stand shoulder to shoulder with items such as umbrella guns, pen guns, and the like. “The only problem is that, when asked for clarification, the ATF stated that they waiting until the gun was actually manufactured before determining its classification.”

This means that if you bought the gun, and later the ATF ruled it was an AOW, you would be violating federal (and most likely, state) law until you registered the gun. “This isn’t a quick process either; the ATF’s turnaround time right now is between six and nine months, which is a long time to hope no one finds out you’re committing a federal felony,” Byington said.
    So basically it looks like the ATF is waiting for these things to go out before they make a decision.

Three things:

• It's a useless item. I wouldn't waste $400 on it.

•*If the ATF moves on this, you're gonna have to figure out how to register this thing. Is the wait time and being another data point in a Fed database worth it for this?

• If you keep it, they'll eventually find out that you have it. They'll "lean" on Ideal Conceal and get the names of the FFLs that stocked this thing. Then they'll tell those FFLs to reference their bound books and name names.

The NFA sucks, but it's the hand we've been dealt with for now. Ideal Conceal should have used their marketing and investment know-how to get the AOW classification nullified.
    http://regularguyguns.com/ - my no-frills gun blog.

"Ripple effect - cops are going to think anyone drawing a bulky cell phone case could potentially be drawing a firearm on them, if this thing gets popular."

That would be my biggest concern.
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
    "Ripple effect - cops are going to think anyone drawing a bulky cell phone case could potentially be drawing a firearm on them, if this thing gets popular."

That would be my biggest concern.
    And actually, if you think about it, real cell phones are much more hazardous.
    Drivers just can't seem to keep their eyes off the screen and on the road!

Distinguished Member live2wheel700's Avatar
    Swiss army knives did a lot of things and none of them worth doing with it comes to mind.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by live2wheel700 View Post
    Swiss army knives did a lot of things and none of them worth doing with it comes to mind.
    That too. We're busy thinking about AOWs and cops mistakenly shooting people, and we're forgetting that this thing is near-worthless as a firearm.

Also, part of the "effect" of a firearm is that, well, it's a firearm. If you draw it on someone, they're gonna stop whatever it is they are attempting to do to you, most likely. There's millions of cases in this country where people defend themselves with a gun, without firing a shot. Good guy draws gun, bad guy sees gun, bad guy changes his mind and runs away.

Draw a cellphone case on them and they'll probably keep going for you while you fiddle with it to bring it to bear.
    http://regularguyguns.com/ - my no-frills gun blog.

Sposors