Florida Concealed Carry banner

Is Florida Carry a Good Local Action Group?

6K views 57 replies 18 participants last post by  NotXskinnyXBarbie 
#1 ·
Folks,
Heading out on annual vacation. When I get back I intend to get more involved in civil rights.

Any members of Florida Carry https://www.floridacarry.org/ care to comment on the organization / activities / etc?

Geoff
Who was Hatch Act paranoia muffled for a long time. :grin

#2 ·
If you are going to give money to promote the cause of gun rights in Florida, there is no better group to give it to. Period.

#3 ·
^^^^
This!

#5 ·
I was going to reply "Seriously?" but it seemed more couth to just answer his question. :)

#9 ·
The absolute best and only....

#11 ·
I thought being couth was a bannable offence..

AFJuvat: Who is typing this on my phone, at an airport, at 4:30 AM, and is at a loss for something witty to say.

#14 ·
I've paid attention, that's why I asked the question.

Now, what do they do on a regular basis? Who is in charge? What do they do with the money?

I've been suckered before, back in Ohio, in 1990...most embarrassing.

Geoff
Who is leery of most organizations, especially those who would have me as a member.

#16 ·
Sean Caranna is the Chairman and a veteran. He has won the Defender of Liberty Award twice from the Second Amendment Foundation. Rich Nascak is another veteran and board and founding member worked hard on preemption and open carry. Last but not least, Eric Friday, our own FriDaddy. One of two of the most powerful firearms attorneys in the State, if not the premier one. Probably one of the most talented attorney's I have ever met. And I know a few. Scott Whigham, another Vet, that is dedicated to the forward movement of 2nd Amendment Rights and a dayem nice guy. (Don't tell him I said that).
Jimmy *****, another Vet. Works hard to promote and defend your second amendment rights in Florida.
And there are so many more that help when they can.

So ummmm yeah, I kinda like them....

#17 ·
^^^^
Well stated, Bob! The OP should note that there are several prominent members here here who support Florida Carry and a few of those even actively work with them. We're not the type to be easily "suckered" and are laser focused on protecting our 2A rights.

#18 ·
Put it this way, I'm a resident of Colorado right now and I still maintain my executive membership. They're a great group led by great people who do great things. Well worth supporting for a multitude of reasons. I can't remember the two thumbs up emoticon so :thumsup :thumsup :grin

-on Tapatalk

#19 ·
Put it this way, I'm a resident of Colorado right now and I still maintain my executive membership. They're a great group led by great people who do great things. Well worth supporting for a multitude of reasons. I can't remember the two thumbs up emoticon so :thumsup :thumsup :grin

-on Tapatalk
Oh you Tapatalk guys... Put the numeral "2" between the colon and "thumsup." :grin

#21 ·
:2thumsup

#22 ·
Of course!
FC does a lot more for Florida carriers than the NRA, IMHO. For me the NRA membership is a matter of "principles", but FC membership is a matter of practicality. A must.

There are a lot of proud members here including myself and even a couple of Board's members around :grin

#25 ·
I'm a member and hate everyone
that oughta say something

#27 ·
what is a Steeler? I do not watch the National Felon League

#28 ·
Thanks for all the kind words, folks. We at FC do truly appreciate our Members. It doesn't always show, but we work our collective arses off for your rights.

#32 ·
Oh oh... And i never commented... I think the automatic renewal is fairy new...? I believe i had to renew before so this year noticed it was automatic...? AWESOME!!! I tend to forget things this days.

....from phone

#31 ·
I'll give Geoff the benefit of the doubt. A few years ago the members of FC posted here regularly in regard to things they were championing in our name and cause. They fought against employers who restricted employees from carrying on the property and in their cars. They fought against stupid signs in some places and won. They fought against preventing students from owning and keeping guns in their apts near campus. They are actively fighting for campus carry. And heck they used to post threads like daily about whatever they were going up against in any given week. There were times when a member would post a thread asking 'is this right?' Or 'can they do that?' and a member of FC would reply and ask for a pm with specific info. Next thing you know things got changed. They are very good at what they do for us. And yes you need to support them.

Saiid who remembers he can't remember all they've done for us. :)

#34 ·
I was suddenly surprised by a no firearms sign at my VyStar Credit Union. Saturday was the first time I saw it on the Mirabella Office (St. Augustine, FL 32092) front window.
I'm heading out of town so I won't try to contact the CU until I return.
Geoff
Who notes, since he is a member, does that mean the Office is my property?

#35 ·
You probably already know what they will say when you contact them. You also probably know everything else I'm about to write but just in case, and for the benefit of new members here, I will anyway.

As private property, they can set they're policy with regard to patrons of their facility carrying there. Regardless, it's not a prohibited place listed in F.S. 790.06(12)(a) and the sign has no force of law. However, if you choose to carry there and are discovered and asked to leave, then you must do so immediately. If you do not, the responding LEOs will likely arrest you for felony armed trespass.

It's your choice to legally carry there or not, noting that concealed is concealed and that one is vulnerable walking to/from a financial institution from/to your car. :grin

#38 ·
The thing about Vystar is that they have privately paid off-duty deputy sheriffs working in their lobbies. I wonder if they would try to enforce the CU's rules?

How can you "trespass" during normal business hours if you are a member?

I wonder if this policy was requested by deputies who work for CU?

Hmmm.

#46 ·
I just visited our St. Augustine Vystar store, and look what I saw - "No guns, no knives." Oh, and there wasn't a deputy on duty. Too bad if they get robbed with no deputy, AND no legally armed citizen. Of course the bureaucrats who made that decision work on the penthouse suite, not at a branch where they could see a muzzle up close and personal.

I can neither confirm, nor deny, that I was carrying a BG .380 and pepper spray. :grin

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.