Next pistol? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next pistol?

Range gun? 1911 hands down. Careful though, next birthday you will want another. Same with Presidents day, Memorial day, Ground Hog day, Ground Hog eve, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark1007 View Post
    Range gun? 1911 hands down. Careful though, next birthday you will want another. Same with Presidents day, Memorial day, Ground Hog day, Ground Hog eve, etc.
    You forgot buy a gun day 15 April, adjusted for end of tax season.

Geoff
    Who usually waits for November 11th, for obvious reasons.
    NRA Life Member

Thanks, I also have a colt revolver, so not interested in another one. I'm leaning toward the sig 220, but not ruling out a 1911. I went to the range yesterday and shot the 226 well, so that is probably swaying my opinion at the moment. I've shot a 1911 a few times, it was my brother in laws, and I didn't shoot it nearly as well as my BHP. Of coarse his was an older gov model and was pretty loose.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dmc View Post
    Thanks, I also have a colt revolver, so not interested in another one. I'm leaning toward the sig 220, but not ruling out a 1911. I went to the range yesterday and shot the 226 well, so that is probably swaying my opinion at the moment. I've shot a 1911 a few times, it was my brother in laws, and I didn't shoot it nearly as well as my BHP. Of coarse his was an older gov model and was pretty loose.
    What are you describing as loose? Most 1911, even production line models, shoot much better than most any other handgun I've shot. Sure a tight, hand fitted 1911 will tighten up a little on the accuracy side, but not much that is noticeable for the most part. My Ruger SR-1911 CMD is one of my best shooting handguns I have.

Distinguished Member substratum's Avatar
    If I was going to buy a range gun, I would probably buy a Glock 34 (so I could shoot in the local Glock Challenge meets), or a race-gun light version of a CZ75.

If I had to just have a good range gun or HD gun, I'd want the FNX-45 Tactical. Ton of .45 capacity! And it's "TACTICOOL".

CZ Shadow 2 would work for me. Other CZ custom firearms in the mix might be by Cajun Gun Works or CZ Custom.
    Faith in Government defies both History and Logic.

Been around the world 3 times, 2 county fairs and a goat f.......(insert a non offensive word....roast) and I ain't seen nothing like that!!!!

Distinguished Member LittleGator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by substratum View Post
    If I was going to buy a range gun, I would probably buy a Glock 34 (so I could shoot in the local Glock Challenge meets), or a race-gun light version of a CZ75.
    Concur, or a nice 1911.
    NRA member
    NRA - RSO
    COTEP #750

"The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. " -Dr. Adrian Pierce Rogers

1911, hands down.

CZ, Sig, block; not even close.

You'll also find that even the full size 1911's carry and hide better than most double stacks; including the lighter poly-framed ones. So that "range gun" now will likely do double duty as a carry gun later, after you become familiar with it...
    Last edited by Rick McC.; 05-19-2017 at 08:31 PM.
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic 9094 View Post
    Expand your horizon. Look at a revolver in .357 magnum, you can also shoot .38 special for range use, and with 158 gr solids protect your chihuahua from the odd black bear roaming the suburbs of our fair Florida.
    ... yup, what he said.
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    Zo (aka Sgt. "Hadji", USMC '92-'99)
    NRA Certified RSO and Pistol Instructor
    S&W .357 Magnum Revolver / Ruger P90 .45 ACP / S&W M&P .22 Compact

Sposors