Florida Concealed Carry banner

Really Hating the FDLE Non- Approval Appeal waiting

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Rvrctyrngr 
#1 ·
I'm a military brat that moved from a 6 year tour in Europe to Florida about 3 years ago. When I turned 21, I went to the Melbourne gun show and purchased a pistol I shot a lot in Germany on base. I had absolutely no problem waiting for the background check and it came up clean and I picked it up 4 days later.

Four months ago, I decided to build my own AR-15 and had the lower receiver shipped to one of the local gun store/ranges that have seen me come around sometimes. Got the call in the beginning of January, went over there, filled out everything normally (This time I included my second last name, Its a Czech Last name, and ofcourse provided my SSN) Got a flat out Non Approval. The guy at the shop was so happy to help after seeing my shocked face, we called FDLE up, stayed on the phone waiting for about 50 min to get some answers, and the reason was because someone in their database had the same first name and last name (Not second last name) and 2 digits off of my social. I explained to them that my second last name should single me out from anyone else so they went to talk to their manager and still wouldn't approve me. SO I had to Submit an appeal that same week.

I have never been arrested or even received a speeding ticket.

So here I am in my third month waiting with still no answers. Is there anyway to speed this up or is FDLE going to keep taking there time? Because I wanted to get my CWP, but I've read to wait for this to get approved because I'll get non approved also and then maybe get a UPIN before getting my CWP.

I don't know, Guess I needed to vent a little. :aarg

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Welcome to FCC, chrissantia! :wave

I'm not certain of the answer to your specific situation but no doubt someone will be along shortly who does. I suspect that this needs highlighted to someone that can help you. In the meantime, I would really like to suggest that you go to the Introduce Yourself section of The Front Office and start your very own introduction thread. With your own introduction thread, you'll find the rest of the FCC membership will chime in to properly welcome you to the forum, too! You'll soon find there's lots of great information and help to be had from the members here. :grin

Again, welcome to the forum!

#3 ·
Venting? Sometimes I feel like I practically INVENTED venting!

Let's see: Different social, and different name.
And yet... still denied on the grounds your bio is alphabetically next to some bad guy/gal.
Yeah, great system there. Who programmed that, a three year-old?

Sort of like the idiots who develop paper forms with write-in blanks.
Name field: half-inch long. Zip code field: five inches! Jeez..

All I can advise is to give FDLE a call and see if they can shed any light on the situation.
Sure seems like it shouldn't take three months to confirm that the only connection is proximity on a list - nothing more.

Good luck!!

#4 ·
Sometimes it helps to fax/scan in identity documents.. at least it helped for me... My loser brother used my name as an alias one time, years ago. I would get conditional non approvals from time to time that always wound up being approved (I have a FFL). Called FDLE, scanned in my passport, SSN, and Drivers license, and a copy of my FFL. Agent claimed that they would attach to my record.

Has not happened since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.