Waiting on CC license, debating Panther holster

Thread: Waiting on CC license, debating Panther holster

Waiting on CC license, debating Panther holster

Hi all. New to the forum, I'm waiting for my CCL to process, but want to have a holster ready soon. Reading great reviews for Panther Concealment and just had a few questions. Will an IWB Kydex holster for Shield 9mm work with gym shorts (wear 90% of the time)? What position is most comfortable for carrying while driving? I am excited to try Panther, but am unsure of which holster will best suit my needs. I cannot carry at work, so it will be in the truck during work days.

Thanks!

Super Moderator
    Welcome to FCC!

No debate about the Panther. You'll find none better for any kydex holster. My 4th is being made as we speak and my 5th will be ordered shortly!

ETA: Was on my phone earlier and missed the part about wearing the Panther with gym shorts. I've never tried that, nor would I attempt to since Panther Concealment holsters are designed to be worn with the support of a sturdy belt.
    Last edited by BeerHunter; 04-17-2017 at 10:26 PM.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, NRA-Life Member
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-PPITH, MDQHI
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-2017
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    -- Circa 1938, author unknown

"It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living."
    -- Gus McCrae

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

I don't carry with gym shorts but I'd imagine IWB would be far better than OWB. I'm guessing you wont be using a belt.

With IWB the elastic will keep it tight to your body and the friction with your skin will help keep it in place.

If you try OWB with stretch waist pants it will want to pull away and swing around.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member High Peaks Drifter's Avatar
    Yes, a Panther IWB will work with gym shorts. Or board shorts. I've been known to carry my G17 like that. (And many other smaller guns, but the 17 is the largest and heaviest.)

Panther is great. Speak with Jim/Scott about your needs and they can make a few tweaks before it leaves the Pit.

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Distinguished Member High Peaks Drifter's Avatar
    . . . And try a 4:00ish (for a righty) position for driving. Right near the bend of most bucket seats, if that's what you have. It's out of the way of the seat belt receiver and you're not leaving on it. Just "situate" your clothing once buckled in to facilitate a speedy draw.

-on Tapatalk
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Sposors