My Concealed Open Carry innovation - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My Concealed Open Carry innovation

Distinguished Member Barry45ACP's Avatar
    I think we just need to focus on fixing the laws (on OC) here in in FL.
    A 9mm may expand but a .45 doesn't shrink!

It's an interesting idea.

By the letter of the law, it is legal. Who is going to be the test case?
    To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”

I can't say I'm really behind the sort of demonstration linked here since I think it will do more to alienate the general population. I believe it reinforces the stereotypes that the tourist based lobby uses to keep concealed carry illegal and would have a negative effect on our rights, but it's been done before in TX:

http://www.ammoland.com/2017/03/open...#axzz4b2Y8juZz

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Buckingham's Avatar
    So, in Texas they had this form of protesting and today they have open carry. Here in Florida, where we haven't protested in this way, we don't have open carry. Hmmmmm?
    Sent from my Jitterbug using YezImZhitinYou

Worst shot ever! I was aiming at the horse! Britt

Distinguished Member deadeyedick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckingham View Post
    So, in Texas they had this form of protesting and today they have open carry. Here in Florida, where we haven't protested in this way, we don't have open carry. Hmmmmm?
    You're assuming that the protests are what resulted in the change in the law; I maintain that the law was changed in spite of these demonstrations. Legislators are not swayed by such antics; they respond to calls, letters and lobbyists. You think guys wearing dildo hats and assless chaps marching in the streets are what brought about legalized gay marriage?
    "It's Fumbles...it was always Fumbles."

Dr. Calvin "Fumbles" Killshot

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Fan View Post
    I can't say I'm really behind the sort of demonstration linked here since I think it will do more to alienate the general population. I believe it reinforces the stereotypes that the tourist based lobby uses to keep concealed carry illegal and would have a negative effect on our rights, but it's been done before in TX:

http://www.ammoland.com/2017/03/open...#axzz4b2Y8juZz
    Ah. That must be the Glock Sock that Rvrctyrngr referred to earlier. My idea wasn't really geared so much toward protest as just finding a way around the law for those times when it would be very inconvenient for me to concealed carry in the normal way. I put my prototype COC sock in my car so I'll always have it with me should the need arise - and I do intend to use it.

For protest purposes the Glock Sock is interesting. Kind of like the same purpose as the open carry fishing events, but you can do it everywhere - not just while fishing. Unlike fishing however I doubt many non-gun-people would walk up to someone wearing a Glock Sock and chat them up. On a fishing pier I would expect that even a non-gun-owner might walk up to someone who is obviously fishing and say "hey, what's up with the piece?" - opening the door for a little education.

I'd be interested to see how the Glock Sock gets removed. Definitely looks like there is no way you could draw the gun without popping the sock off first - but if it's primary purpose is protest then that matters less. For protest purposes it'd probably be best to have an inert blue-gun under the sock anyway just to further push the point if accosted by LE. How stupid would they look after threatening to arrest you for open carry when the sock is finally removed showing a blue gun - conclusively PROVING that the "gun" was concealed. A couple videos of that would be useful evidence in any trial that did arise from someone actually carrying a firearm under their Glock Sock.

The think that's good about the Glock Sock is it completely covers the holster - including the sides and the muzzle end. This prevents even a tiny peek at the gun which makes it perfectly effective for protest purposes.

Me? I just want to do what I want to do without running afoul of the law. I want my openly carried firearm to be legally-concealed, but still readily usable. I don't care if anybody notices the sock at all. I think my prototype lets me do that. It's mostly going to get used while in uniform in a full duty rig, and nobody cares about the gun then anyway. I doubt they'll even notice the sock and if they did, and they asked about it, I'd say "oh, we cover our guns like that when we're off duty".
    NRA Certified Instructor and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, NRA Endowment Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is A Good Guy With A Gun. -- Wayne LaPierre

Distinguished Member Buckingham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadeyedick View Post
    You're assuming that the protests are what resulted in the change in the law; I maintain that the law was changed in spite of these demonstrations. Legislators are not swayed by such antics; they respond to calls, letters and lobbyists. You think guys wearing dildo hats and assless chaps marching in the streets are what brought about legalized gay marriage?

Actually I wasn't thinking about that subject at all, but thanks for the visual, dick. I agree calls, letters, and lobbyists, and by implication, votes are what impact our laws. But I doubt if what the Texans did hurt their cause. Maybe a few in power realized the farcical nature of the debate?
    Sent from my Jitterbug using YezImZhitinYou

Worst shot ever! I was aiming at the horse! Britt

Trying to compare Texas to Florida and gun laws? That's a stretch.
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Trying to compare Texas to Florida and gun laws? That's a stretch.
    A big one.
    Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
    -Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes
    Brown v. United States, 1921

...against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic.

Join Florida Carry

[/B]

Actually I wasn't thinking about that subject at all, but thanks for the visual, dick. I agree calls, letters, and lobbyists, and by implication, votes are what impact our laws. But I doubt if what the Texans did hurt their cause. Maybe a few in power realized the farcical nature of the debate?
    Maybe I'm just getting cynical in my old age, but I no longer believe our elected politicians vote in our interest.
    They vote in their own interest.

I think the most recent example of that was the (NRA Grade-A turncoat) ***** who torpeoded some recent FL gun bills because she's eyeing a Mayorship in Miami.

The next example will be all the Republican who ran on repeal-&-replace Obamacare who must now face the fact that it can't be done without losing their next election.

Sposors