Defensive practice - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Defensive practice

It doesn't take a lot shells to keep me in supply as I miss a lot on purpose and just make them move around . That saves shells. .

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    What you're telling us is you have an endless free supply of targets from the skeet bays
    That's my strategy. My outdoor range will not allow any of the rubber ground type targets. Clays on the berm are perfectly acceptable. They make a great target for pistols or rifles due to the satisfying break. I'll walk the sporting clays course and pick up one or two of those cloth grocery bags worth of the misses to use for my targets. It's a nice walk through the woods and you can't beat free. The effect is probably minimal, but I think the broken clays add to the material of the berm.

I had a friend at the range one day that picked up a clay that had the center shot out. We were shooting pistols. He placed it on the berm in front of an unbroken clay and said bust the one behind it but not the one in front. I did. He was impressed.

The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Stay Sharp

Brownie

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Bought some bright colored Tennis Balls today and cut them in half .
    Will try them out tomorrow morning

I remember the soda can at 20 yds. Warrior princess and I hit it 2outta 3 times. I started doing the instinctive shooting practice last weekend. Then I joined up on the bowling pin shoot trying it but did miserably with it. Last round I took the 45 shield for a ride. Interesting how fast those pins flew off the table with a slow moving 45 even in a small pistol. Like the OP, this is going to be my practice sessions from now on. After 5 yrs of not shooting much it's time to get the skills back.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell
    NRA certified pistol & RSO
    NRA Life member

Quote Originally Posted by shooter4 View Post
    I remember the soda can at 20 yds. Warrior princess and I hit it 2outta 3 times. I started doing the instinctive shooting practice last weekend. Then I joined up on the bowling pin shoot trying it but did miserably with it. Last round I took the 45 shield for a ride. Interesting how fast those pins flew off the table with a slow moving 45 even in a small pistol. Like the OP, this is going to be my practice sessions from now on. After 5 yrs of not shooting much it's time to get the skills back.
    I enjoyed shooting pins matches.
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Well , tennis balls cut in half didn't work so well. They still rolled down the berm when you tossed them on it.
    Tried laying them on the berm cut side down instead of tossing but if you made them move , most rolled down as well.

I have not thought of anything else to try except flat soda cans and I will try that next .
    If they don't work , clay birds will be my go to .
    Last edited by ken grant; 03-31-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Tried the soda cans smashed end to end and made into round disks . They worked great with my .22 conversion and didn't suffer much damage . I believe I can use them many times before dumping them.

Have not tried them with 9 m/m yet but believe I will have to dump them much sooner.

Sposors