Defensive practice - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Defensive practice

I also like shooting clay pigeons. Place them at different levels on the berm After they break I will shoot at the pieces. I usually take about 10 pigeons. I will also shoot paper for bulls eye shooting. White flyer brand is supposed to be biodegradable.

I have taken other things as targets to the range. One of my favorites was a pumpkin.

I envy all you shooters who are close enough to a good outdoor range where you can do this. I have a paper target that has 4 rows of 5 half dollar sized colored circles on it that I place out to about 15 yds. The goal is to hit each circle in one row shooting across, then move to the next row. Some days I am better than others, but I am better today than I was when I started. Thanks Brownie.

The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Stay Sharp

Brownie

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member NotXskinnyXBarbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    I envy all you shooters who are close enough to a good outdoor range where you can do this. I have a paper target that has 4 rows of 5 half dollar sized colored circles on it that I place out to about 15 yds. The goal is to hit each circle in one row shooting across, then move to the next row. Some days I am better than others, but I am better today than I was when I started. Thanks Brownie.
    a fun thing to do with multicolor targets is to have a buddy calling a color on you, with or without timer. ignoring the sights while at it, is still better.
    I'm typing mostly from a cell phone, errors are common, but keep in mind 90% of my grammar errors and 100% of my stupid ideas are my sole responsibility. I ALWAYS use sarcasm...

-"You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it."

- "The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulae, recipes or other people's opinions."

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    Plans go astray , loaded all my mags for my 19 and 26 AA .22 Kits this PM for my range trip tomorrow and then injured my trigger finger afterwards. A good cut on the pad , no stiches but still sore.

Range trip is still on but will have to try shooting with the middle finger. Trying it tonight with a laser cartridge and it seems to work OK but having a little trouble with the draw and keeping two fingers off the grip instead of just one.

One bright side is I won't worsen the blister on my middle finger that my normal draw would do.
    The bad side is I won't be able to tell if I cured my blister problem with the under cut on the trigger guard.
    Well the range trip turned out to be OK . Pulling the trigger with my middle finger worked out better than expected and almost as well as the normal way , More practice may improve that.
    The only problem I had was drawing . I kept getting my normal grip instead just my ring and pinky fingers.
    Had to slow down and think before drawing and after awhile I was doing much better . Will work on that at home with my laser cartridge.

Maybe my trigger finger will be OK after a few days and I can go back to my normal way of pulling the trigger but it is nice to know I have another option in case something should happen like this again.
    Last edited by ken grant; Yesterday at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
    I have been trying to find some square tennis balls that I can toss on the berm and won't roll down but no luck so far.
    Have trying to think of something else to use but nothing so far so I keep a bucket of fired shells in my truck to throw on the berm and then pick them up when finished shooting.

Just had a thought after typing this post.
    Why not buy a bag of used tennis balls at Goodwill and cut them in half. No more problem with rolling.
    Why not u use the very cheap clay birds? Very Orange and visible from 175 yds!
    "Life has got be lived, that’s all there is to it. — Eleanor Roosevelt
    Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. — Dr. Seuss"

Love dogs, knives, flashlights and things that go BOOM!

Sposors