Florida Concealed Carry banner

Need advice regarding brand new Sig 1911

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  FLSlim 
#1 ·
Buddy of mine just bought a .45 1911 SIG. He and the usual suspects gathered around to run a few boxes of ammo through this beautiful new weapon. Four of us took our turn at 21'. To our surprise we all shot groups eighteen to twenty inches low. Any advice on how to proceed?

#6 ·
My thoughts exactly. Also, what hold does the manual call for vs. what was being used; six o'clock or center hold? Surprised Sig Sauer would send out a pistol that far off. :dunno

#3 ·
These have always applied to their P series guns.

Do the sights on the 1911 have numbers on them as well? If so call Sig and ask for the neccesary one/s. They should send them to you for free. Or send it back and let them fix it for him. Sig has decent customer service.

#4 ·
Is this a new gun or used and sights replaced. I second the recommendation of sending it to Sig or a gunsmith that can actually test for zero.

#5 ·
My first kimber 1911 had this problem. I had to file down front sight but I wouldn't recommend that here. Get the correct sights

#8 ·
Something just doesn't add up. 20" low at 7 yards and you wouldn't even be on paper at 25. No sight change will fix that. Either the shooters could use some training (no offense intended) or the SIG has major problems.

#10 ·
No response from O.P., not sure if they are following thread to update us. Tends to lend credence to Sig QA issue and question buying new Sig unless we take a bore sight laser when buying one to test at a range accessible gun shop. Please update us dwm4485?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.