Florida Supreme Court sez a license = a right - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Florida Supreme Court sez a license = a right

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Wonder if they'd be OK with a shall-issue license requirement for churches to operate?
    That's a good analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rvrctyrngr View Post
    Gut feeling is that the best we'll get this year (amongst all the d*** measuring going on) is decriminalized OC, but there's a long way to go, yet.
    For certain of my purposes decriminalized OC would still be useful. But I fear that if we get decriminalized OC then the impetus for completely legal OC may disappear completely.
    NRA Certified Instructor and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, NRA Endowment Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is A Good Guy With A Gun. -- Wayne LaPierre

For certain of my purposes decriminalized OC would still be useful. But I fear that if we get decriminalized OC then the impetus for completely legal OC may disappear completely.
    It's a risk, to be sure.

For me, I know I will cease to disarm on work days every time I have to stop for gas/lunch/coffee, etc...

I'll just ask the Clerk of Court if I can run a tab!

It will be interesting to see how far some known LE agencies will take things if folks start to avail themselves of the decriminalization. Folks WILL get arrested, and many lawsuits will ensue.
    Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
    -Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes
    Brown v. United States, 1921

...against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic.

Join Florida Carry

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

It's a risk, to be sure.

For me, I know I will cease to disarm on work days every time I have to stop for gas/lunch/coffee, etc...

I'll just ask the Clerk of Court if I can run a tab!

It will be interesting to see how far some known LE agencies will take things if folks start to avail themselves of the decriminalization. Folks WILL get arrested, and many lawsuits will ensue.
    The bolded would be the best possible outcome of decriminalized OC. It would be a reason to push for outright legalization.
    NRA Certified Instructor and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, NRA Endowment Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is A Good Guy With A Gun. -- Wayne LaPierre

Distinguished Member TitleIIToyLover's Avatar
    I have lost complete respect for the court system. Their twisted logic is a joke. For the courts, the constitution and the law no longer have meaning.

I no longer have confidence that our votes have meaning. Politicians say anything to get elected and then do nothing, or worse.
    Last edited by TitleIIToyLover; 03-03-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    There are only 3 colors, 10 digits, and 7 notes; it's how we arrange them that is important.

The bolded would be the best possible outcome of decriminalized OC. It would be a reason to push for outright legalization.
    Gee, why didn't I think of that???

Join Florida Carry

Quote Originally Posted by TitleIIToyLover View Post
    I have lost complete respect for the court system. Their twisted logic is a joke. For the courts, the constitution and the law no longer have meaning.

I no longer have confidence that our votes have meaning. Politicians say anything to get elected and then do nothing, or worse.
    Yyyyyyyyyyup!

I've talked our folks about this on numerous occasions. We trudge on, but it gets harder and harder to gird the loins for another trip into the dragon's lair KNOWING you're fighting a foregone conclusion, and just hoping for one moment of intellectual honesty amongst the judiciary or legislature, as we got in Lainez v. UNF.

Hell, even kamikazes, if they survived, didn't want to go on a SECOND mission!

Join Florida Carry

Gee, why didn't I think of that???

My wife would kill me
    Disclaimer. I use sarcasm

“Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.”- Unknown

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" Thomas Jefferson

"I stopped worrying about MOA (minute of angle) years ago. Now I just worry about MOD (minute of dead)" courtesy of Riverppig.

COTEP #673

Quote Originally Posted by TitleIIToyLover View Post

I don't mean to insult or nit-pik (honestly)...
    but you gotta see the irony in your comment when the Constitution isn't capitalized!

Have a nice weekend!!

Distinguished Member TitleIIToyLover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    I don't mean to insult or nit-pik (honestly)...
    but you gotta see the irony in your comment when the Constitution isn't capitalized!

Have a nice weekend!!
    If I had used the term U.S. Constitution you would be right. If I had used the term Constitution of the United States you would be right. If I was referring generally to the concept of constitutional law, I would argue that you are not. In this case we are discussing a case that addressed the U.S. Constitution and the Constitution of the State of Florida and I was not referring to either; I was referring to constitutional law in general. Oops, I might have messed that up. Is the word "state" capitalized when used in the context I just used?

I guess I better not post here anymore. There are so many rules.

And just for the record, I'm not sure that the use of two exclamation marks at the end of your last sentence is grammatically correct.
    Last edited by TitleIIToyLover; 03-04-2017 at 09:50 AM.
    There are only 3 colors, 10 digits, and 7 notes; it's how we arrange them that is important.

Sposors