Picked up a new carry gun - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a new carry gun

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDent View Post
    I just looked there before purchasing this one local. But my FFL is a good friend and I didn't mind spending a few extra with him since he had it on hand. And all I could find in stock online were the ones with safety which I didn't want.
    But I got out today to shoot it and my Walther PPS may be taking a back seat to this one. I enjoyed shooting it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Telum Pisces View Post
    I just looked there before purchasing this one local. But my FFL is a good friend and I didn't mind spending a few extra with him since he had it on hand. And all I could find in stock online were the ones with safety which I didn't want.
    But I got out today to shoot it and my Walther PPS may be taking a back seat to this one. I enjoyed shooting it!!!

They carry very well, too.
    Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

^this
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Stay Sharp

Brownie

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

I've had mine for 2 months now, and the more I tinker with it, the more I like it. Very close in size and concealability to my old PF9, plus it's a .45 ;-) Ideal for jacket pocket and IWB carry. Shoots right to point of aim, and an easy shooter. It feels nearly perfect in the hand. It would be nice to maybe have a few more rounds (I've been a faithful Glock Guy for years), but thinking things over, it's the same number of rounds I had with my old Army .45, so I've just gotten more scrupulous about carrying a spare magazine. It's quickly becoming my primary carry weapon.

Many thanks to the friendly folks here who stirred my interest in this tool...

Quote Originally Posted by Pscyclepath View Post
    I've had mine for 2 months now, and the more I tinker with it, the more I like it. Very close in size and concealability to my old PF9, plus it's a .45 ;-) Ideal for jacket pocket and IWB carry. Shoots right to point of aim, and an easy shooter. It feels nearly perfect in the hand. It would be nice to maybe have a few more rounds (I've been a faithful Glock Guy for years), but thinking things over, it's the same number of rounds I had with my old Army .45, so I've just gotten more scrupulous about carrying a spare magazine. It's quickly becoming my primary carry weapon.

Rick

"Sights are for the unenlightened."

http://www.guntipsandtalk.com/

IDPA Certified Safety Officer

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pscyclepath View Post

Good review!
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, NRA-Life Member
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-PPITH, MDQHI
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-2017
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    -- Circa 1938, author unknown

"It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living."
    -- Gus McCrae

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Hi all,
    I also have the M&P Shield 9mm with the Tritium night sights and no safety SKU: 10086 (also comes with an extra 8 round mag: One 7 and two 8's)
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...m-night-sights

After S&W's current rebate of $75.00 I paid $344.00 for my Shield!
    The First 700 rounds was with Remington UMC 115g FMJ (taking advantage of Remington's rebate)
    I now have 1000 rounds of Blazer Brass 124g FMJ (sku: 5201) arriving today.
    So far my Shield has been perfect and I do not expect that to change.

I also got a holster for it from Aegis Armory: http://aegisarmory.us/
    A friend of mine has the Shield 9mm and has carried it in the Aegis Armory "Shield Hybrid Holster" for the last year.
    He said that the holster holds his 9 snug but easy to draw, he also said that it has been very comfortable from day one as Aegis Armory claims...
    You can check out the Aegis Armory Shield Hybrids reviews on youtube.

I'm still waiting for my Concealed Carry License to carry my Shield but the holster has been comfortable around the house...LOL!
    You don't know how many times (or maybe you do) I have wanted to carry my Shield Out and About BUT I know without my Carry License that could be a really really BAD MOVE!
    I'll just have to wait for Florida to do it's thing!

Two BIG Thumbs Up for the Shield

Mackie244
    Last edited by Mackie244; 05-15-2017 at 08:08 AM.

Distinguished Member
    Nice pick up----
    Glock 26
    Fl CWL holder
    NRA member

Got mine yesterday! $339 and then the $75 rebate, I'm happy. Going to try it out Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rvrctyrngr View Post
    No Shield 45 is complete without a Panther Concealment holster! Just sayin'.

Shameless plug, I LOVE IT!
    "Life has got be lived, that’s all there is to it. — Eleanor Roosevelt
    Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. — Dr. Seuss"

Love dogs, knives, flashlights and things that go BOOM!

Sposors