Florida Concealed Carry banner

Where to sell a gun in Florida ?

14K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  daytona 
#1 ·
Where would you advertise a handgun for sale in Florida? (Aside from this site)

Do you see any problem with Craigs List?
Would you sell only to someone who has a CWL?

#2 ·
craigslist does not allow firearms ads

#4 ·
I would feel uncomfortable selling to someone with whom I had no history or acquaintance. Not to mention a stranger coming to my home. And gun dealers will usually lowball you. I would recommend selling to someone at a gunshow. What I did was print out a picture of the two guns I had for sale and taped them on the side of a bag which held the guns. I had interest before I even stepped into the venue and sold everything before I had gone through the first aisle. :thumsup

#5 ·
I just sold a gun this week from a post I placed on this forum. We met at a Walmart about half way from where we each live. The transaction was complete in less than 24 hours from my post...and I posted at around 9:45 PM.

The gentleman I sold to was a real nice guy and I never felt uncomfortable. What are you selling? He said he's interested in a semi-auto handgun in 9 or 45.

#6 ·
I haven't decided for sure yet but I think I want to sell my S&W M&P 40 compact which I just got 3 weeks or a month ago. I think I want to buy the same thing but with the thumb safety. I was going to ask $475. I don't know if that is reasonable for a month old gun with about 300 or 400 rounds through it.

I think I would just feel a whole lot better knowing there is a safety.

#9 ·
#10 ·
ive purchased guns at shows and had paole ask me if i was selling just walking around with the box in my hand...theres a great deal of interest at a show for obvious reasons....

#14 ·
#15 ·
Ive bought and sold many guns from FL Gun Trader. There are alot of good honest people on there. But watch out for the occasional bad ones who will try to screw you. Ive had alot of guys agree to a price and meet somewhere only to pull out at the very last minute. Also some guys who blatantly lie in their ads about what they're selling.

#18 ·
I have sold here twice and bought once off of arms list.
Those experiences all went well.

On FGT I have had issues. Misrepresentations mainly. Trying to pass a FEG for a HiPower and then telling me to F off when I explain to them what they have and offer them a fair price. Also, those that claim they want to buy and then do not answer there phone when they gave me their number or offer me half of what I am asking because "they just dont have it but want my gun".

Its a good site just post with the fact that their are d bags everywhere in the front of your mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.