Florida Concealed Carry banner

First anti bill filed in FL Senate

6K views 56 replies 15 participants last post by  BeerHunter 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Should fail in committee or get withdrawn, I hope!

#4 ·
I don't see that getting very far.

Smells like more 'feel good' or 'See, I am doing something' legislation.

#5 ·
I'm not sure I understand all the legal phrases but, wouldn't this deletion:

except when the person is carrying the firearm on his or her body
...exclude all parents from carrying? Also against all foster homes. who comes up with these ideas?

#6 ·
Wow. Senator Farmer is a Grade A imbecile. Why is it that only Democrats can come up with gun bills this stupid?

#9 ·
This guy couldn't pass this bill if his life depended upon it. It won't get put on a committee agenda nor heard in committee, unless the committee chair wants to kill it on a vote (which procedurally kills it for the 2017 Session, and by rule disallows it as an amendment onto another bill). Generally, though, the Senate is too polite to do the kill it by vote thing, and will just refuse to waste time putting it on the agenda.

#11 ·
I expect to see a lot of crap like this from the dems this year, they don't take defeat well and have pretty much gone off the deep end for real this time.

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
How can you belong to a party that is so anti American, not to mention retarded?

#15 ·
^^^^
Thanks, I was starting to wonder if it was just me that was confused.

This post has been deleted
#33 ·
No harm, no foul.

Unfortunately, we have to expend valuable resources to deal with this kind of thing, as well as promote the good bills...resources that are extremely scarce.

#44 ·
I'll remind those inclined to hand-wring over this, that Sen. DLP has been turned out of office, and that the new Senate Judiciary Chair is pro-Second Amendment, as is the Senate President.

The two culprits in the 2016 Session were Sen. DLP (for refusing to agenda the bill) & Senate President Gardiner (for failing to display leadership). NRA had the votes to pass the bill both in Judiciary and in the Senate in 2016 Session.

#46 ·
Yes, but trouble may still await unless Negron is willing to play hardball with any recalcitrant actors.

#52 ·
I still can't get over the fact that there are D's as committee chairs in a R majority. The people gave a majority to the R's so why would Sen. Negron put the fox in the chicken coop. I can only hope that is because he has a good relationship with and trust Sen. Bracy as the best man for the job. I don't know either man so let's just say I am skeptical.

:popcorn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.