Sen. Bradley filed the Burden of Proof bill this morning - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Sen. Bradley filed the Burden of Proof bill this morning

Should be some good political theater tomorrow in the House as they take up HB 779 and either SB 128 OR HB 245.

Little birdy told me there may be some shennanigans with the two Burden of proof bills.

Goes down at 1330.
    Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
    -Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes
    Brown v. United States, 1921

...against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic.

Join Florida Carry

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rvrctyrngr View Post
    Should be some good political theater tomorrow in the House as they take up HB 779 and either SB 128 OR HB 245.

Little birdy told me there may be some shennanigans with the two Burden of proof bills.

Goes down at 1330.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, NRA-Life Member
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-PPITH, MDQHI
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-2017
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    -- Circa 1938, author unknown

"It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living."
    -- Gus McCrae

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

Distinguished Member substratum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rvrctyrngr View Post

Goes down at 1330.
    So, all three of those bills are on the House Special Order Calendar for tomorrow. That explains all the people with "EveryTown USA" tee-shirts I saw at the Capitol, today. I wondered if something was up. Do you predict the shenanigans will be good or bad for the bill(s) from a freedom perspective?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by substratum View Post
    So, all three of those bills are on the House Special Order Calendar for tomorrow. That explains all the people with "EveryTown USA" tee-shirts I saw at the Capitol, today. I wondered if something was up. Do you predict the shenanigans will be good or bad for the bill(s) from a freedom perspective?
    I'd like to hear the answer to that as well. Of the three the one I'm most interested in is the Burden of Proof, that is long overdue.
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War: He will win who has military Capacity and is not interfered with by the sovereign.

Member: COTEP CBOB0772, NRA, Florida Carry, GOA

The bill should pass, no problem. The question is at what level of proof for the state...clear and convincing (House version) or Beyond a Reasonable Doubt (Senate version).

No clue what will happen w 779. No one's talking. I think it will probably pass, but it will be interesting to see what happens to it in the Senate. Does Negron have the stones to bypass Flores and send it directly to the floor?

Join Florida Carry

Distinguished Member substratum's Avatar
    It's pretty dang difficult to kill a bill by vote when it gets all the way to the floor. This will likely be a near-party line vote, with a few big city Republicans voting against it. Do we have any pro-2nd Amendment Ds in the House these days?

It's pretty dang difficult to kill a bill by vote when it gets all the way to the floor. This will likely be a near-party line vote, with a few big city Republicans voting against it. Do we have any pro-2nd Amendment Ds in the House these days?
    Not these days.

Join Florida Carry

Florida is slowly turning into another NYC, Philly, Baltimore, etc. I'm telling ya, we need to kick S. Florida out of Florida, call it the state of New Snowflake.
    Last edited by 45Freak; 04-04-2017 at 08:28 AM.
    LIBERTY 0R DEATH, PATRIOT, VETERAN, HARLEY RIDER, FLORIDA CARRY INC. MEMBER!
    https://www.facebook.com/BasicsRangeandGun?ref=stream
    http://store.basicsrangeandgun.com/
    http://otsrange.com/
    http://pantherconcealment.com
    SPECIAL WARFARE TEAMS ROCK, WHO'S NEXT?

Sposors