Clarification From Admins

Thread: Clarification From Admins

Clarification From Admins

It appears that Boiler Room forums/threads now appear in New Posts.
    Am I seeing this correctly?
    "KEEP ON PACKIN' ON THE BIMAH"

U.S.A.F. 1966-1971 (1821-H) O-3

N.R.A. Certified R.S.O.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    It appears that Boiler Room forums/threads now appear in New Posts.
    Am I seeing this correctly?
    I'm not an admin but I'm pretty sure I saw a post from BeerHunter that said the modification was such that the Boiler Room topics would show up in new posts *if* you have joined that group. So people who don't want to see that stuff (and haven't joined the group) won't, and those who have will.
    NRA Certified Instructor and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, NRA Endowment Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is A Good Guy With A Gun. -- Wayne LaPierre

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    I'm not an admin but I'm pretty sure I saw a post from BeerHunter that said the modification was such that the Boiler Room topics would show up in new posts *if* you have joined that group. So people who don't want to see that stuff (and haven't joined the group) won't, and those who have will.
    Correct. The Admins listened to the request but implementation took too long for some.
    Last edited by BeerHunter; 11-09-2016 at 10:26 PM.
    -BH

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, NRA-Life Member
    FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-PPITH, MDQHI
    Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-2017
    Please consider joining NRA at www.nra.org and Florida Carry at www.floridacarry.org

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    -- Circa 1938, author unknown

"It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living."
    -- Gus McCrae

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
    -- Herbert Spencer

4. Remove Advertisements
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    Correct. The Admins listened to the request but implementation took too long for some.
    As someone who does this sort of thing for a living I appreciate how long it can take. Especially when dealing with software written by someone else, making a modification like this without breaking a half-dozen other things, or accidentally creating a bunch of security holes in the process, is no simple task.

Back in the day I used to make lots of modifications to Ikonboard (another popular forum software). It's tricky business because it's not like there is documentation for the source code. You dig in and you figure it out and you make your changes and see what you broke in the process.
    NRA Certified Instructor and Chief Range Safety Officer
    Florida Carry Life Member, NRA Endowment Member
    Front Sight Distinguished Graduate, Defensive Handgun, Glock 35 and Glock 23
    FFL Type 7, Class 2 SOT (Licensed NFA Firearms Manufacturer)
    The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is A Good Guy With A Gun. -- Wayne LaPierre

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    As someone who does this sort of thing for a living I appreciate how long it can take. Especially when dealing with software written by someone else, making a modification like this without breaking a half-dozen other things, or accidentally creating a bunch of security holes in the process, is no simple task.

Back in the day I used to make lots of modifications to Ikonboard (another popular forum software). It's tricky business because it's not like there is documentation for the source code. You dig in and you figure it out and you make your changes and see what you broke in the process.
    TRUTH!!!!!
    Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
    -Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes
    Brown v. United States, 1921

...against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic.

Join Florida Carry

Excellent; would be nice if admins could post a notice advising of the change.
    "KEEP ON PACKIN' ON THE BIMAH"

U.S.A.F. 1966-1971 (1821-H) O-3

N.R.A. Certified R.S.O.

Sposors