Florida Concealed Carry banner

Optics for Colt 901?

950 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Rvrctyrngr 
#1 ·
I've got myself a Colt 901 308. Wasn't sure what to do with it first, I suppose I could build a battle rifle but then where could I use that? So I settled for using it as a hunting rifle. I'm thinking about hog hunting.

Some suggestions for optics would be very much appreciated. I personally am thinking about the Burris Scout but Vortex Viper doesn't sound bad either. Both are supposed to be pretty good anyway. The Leupold Mark AR MOD 1 doesn't really sound good. I've got some bad experience with their products. Or maybe I just was unlucky.

#3 · (Edited)
If it is single purpose get a magnifying optic. Your shots in Florida for hunting will be 10-75 yards in most cases with limited out to 200yards. Most shots I have seen are on tree stands or buggys and they are vary rarely longer ranges...A 3x9x40 is excellent. If you are using it for target shooting and hunting you will be glad you went with higher power magnification. Vortex makes great optics and their warranty is second to none.
I actually like this one because of it's 50mm exit objective lense.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product...escope-with-dead-hold-bdc-moa-reticle/reticle

#4 ·
If it is single purpose get a magnifying optic. Your shots in Florida for hunting will be 10-75 yards in most cases with limited out to 200yards. Most shots I have seen are on tree stands or buggys and they are vary rarely longer ranges...A 3x9x40 is excellent. If you are using it for target shooting and hunting you will be glad you went with higher power magnification. Vortex makes great optics and their warranty is second to none.
I actually like this one because of it's 50mm exit occular.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product...escope-with-dead-hold-bdc-moa-reticle/reticle
For the money, you can't beat Vortex!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.