Thread: 5.11 Tactical Series shirt

5.11 Tactical Series shirt

I decided to try one of these conceal inner shirts, specifically this one from the NRA store:
    Tactical Shirt

I ordered a large because I read they are kinda tight but I think they need to be tight so as not to sag when in use. Its tight but the gun and extra mags conceal excellent, they are high under the armpit but not as to be uncomfortable. I am wondering how a x-large will feel and may order one just to see. I can see something like this being a good part of a conceal kit, I think more options for different circumstances is good.

I was wondering about those to.
    I got the "Dickies" looking light weight jacket to try out. Ordered an XL, just in case.

Have you tried the LA Police Gear FUBAR pants? I picked up a few pairs because of all the pockets. It's even set up for a sap pocket. Going to start carrying my ASP when I do the occasional protection duty... Okay, recently it is rare since I am too busted up but I can dream, right? LOL.
    Seriously, it has some cool extra pockets for mags, knives, etc. I think they were $17 a pair. Here is the link:http://www.lapolicegear.com/fubar-tactical-pant.html.

Thus far, I like them better than the hot weather 5.11's I have. The only down is I had to cut out the blousing strings... don't need to do that any more.

Let us know how the XL works.
    Just Dave
    Owner
    Little Bear Custom Holsters
    Sales@littlebearholsters.com

Actually, I like the 5.11 products from the LA Police Gear website. Check out the sale items. The clothes seem to be excellent quality and you can pick up other equipment for a decent price occasionally. For the Jax crowd, Shooters carries 5.11 items for about the same price as the LA Police Gear site but less the shipping charge.
    The more one sweats in training the less one bleeds in battle

Quote Originally Posted by PM667 View Post
    I decided to try one of these conceal inner shirts, specifically this one from the NRA store:
    Tactical Shirt

I ordered a large because I read they are kinda tight but I think they need to be tight so as not to sag when in use. Its tight but the gun and extra mags conceal excellent, they are high under the armpit but not as to be uncomfortable. I am wondering how a x-large will feel and may order one just to see. I can see something like this being a good part of a conceal kit, I think more options for different circumstances is good.
    I tried the Tacticle shirt, picked one up at SRT SUpply; but it just did not work for me. My full size 1911 sags too much and my ultra II gets lost in the pokect. I like my belly band better...My 2 cents on the tactical shirt "not worth the money"

I have the concealed carry undershirt in Large too, from LAPG.

It is a compression fit and I think that without being tight the gun pocket might sag. If you aren't bigger than a 44" chest you might not want to go XL. Kind of like under armor compression shorts, too big and they aren't effective. These shirts definitely are NOT for the portly, that is folks with an outsized waist. Also the sizes they list at the NRA site are really confusing because they list the UNSTRETCHED diminsions and would lead people to order much too large a shirt. I am 6' tall, just under 200lbs and have a 36" waist. The Large is perfect and comfortable carrying a SC or C weapon. Full sized would be a real "stretch", LOL.
    Last edited by MPDC66; 10-30-2009 at 09:15 AM.
    "Gone to Florida to fight the Indians. Will be back when the war is over. "
    Colonel Commandant Archibald Henderson, USMC
    in a note pinned to his office door, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by Little Bear Holsters View Post

Have you tried the LA Police Gear FUBAR pants? I picked up a few pairs because of all the pockets. It's even set up for a sap pocket. Going to start carrying my ASP when I do the occasional protection duty... Okay, recently it is rare since I am too busted up but I can dream, right? LOL.
    Seriously, it has some cool extra pockets for mags, knives, etc. I think they were $17 a pair. Here is the link:http://www.lapolicegear.com/fubar-tactical-pant.html.

I have 3 pair of the Fubar pants on order. They look great on the website. They should be here on Monday
    Rick
    www.nassaurange.com

Gun owners' prayer:
    "Dear Lord; if I die please don't let my wife sell my gun collection...........for what I told her it was worth"

I've looked at these shirts too, but wasn't sure about the fit- I have enough trouble with regular clothes. Was also worried abt my .40 XD. Are they easy to draw from?

Quote Originally Posted by inkedott View Post
    I've looked at these shirts too, but wasn't sure about the fit- I have enough trouble with regular clothes. Was also worried abt my .40 XD. Are they easy to draw from?
    Assume you will wear an overshirt, open and they will draw easily. However, I think an XD full size is too big for it. My XDM can be crammed in but is really too big and heavy , IMHO. I carry my PF 9 with the shirt in cooler weather because it is just less obvious than a front pocket on jeans. Either is fine though.

A full sized weapon, IMHO, needs either an IWB holster like MTAC or Supertuck OR a real shoulder rig. It will print no matter what you use but not so as to notice if canted right and you stop worrying about it after awhile.

The fit is tight, like bicycle shorts or workout lycra stuff. It is exactly that compression fit that hides the gun. If you aren't comfortable with compression type underwear/workout wear you won't like it. I have a friend who hated this shirt and gave me his. It is in the several X category size wise (as he is, LOL) and it fit me like a loose t shirt but was useless as a holster shirt because the gun just pulled it to the left side and hung. IF you are portly, it will make you look like a stuffed sausage but with a shirt over it, who will know. Just might not be comfortable breathing though.
    Last edited by MPDC66; 10-30-2009 at 11:08 AM.
    "Gone to Florida to fight the Indians. Will be back when the war is over. "
    Colonel Commandant Archibald Henderson, USMC
    in a note pinned to his office door, 1836

Sposors