Florida Concealed Carry banner

Gotta love Alabama !

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  FfNJGTFO 
#1 ·
Well, my Florida CWFL was due to expire in September, and I toyed with the idea of just renewing my FL license since Alabama is a reciprocal state. I figured it would be a more simple process to renew as an out-of-stater than to start the process all over again in Alabama. Boy was I wrong.

Since Alabama became a Shall Issue state back in 2013, the process is extremely simple and fast.

1) Fill out the short application (about 1/2 sheet)
2) Show them your Driver's License or other official Alabama picture I.D.
3) Pay the fee ($20 per year, up to you how many years you want to pay for)

If you feel like hanging around for the background check to be completed, I hear you can have your permit in about an hour. I elected to do my application on-line. Two days later they emailed me to come pick up my license. That's it.

No training required. No questions asked.

Oh yeah, Open Carry is no problem, and there are fewer restrictions on where you can carry than in Florida. :thumsup

Even though the fee is slightly more per year than Florida, the money stays with the local Sheriff's Office to cover training, equipment, and other non-salary expenses for the Deputies. We have a great S.O. up here, so I'm very happy that my fees are going to the local good guys rather than some bureaucratic agency in the state capital.

Cheers y'all,
Ken

See less See more
#2 ·
Awesome! :2thumsup

#4 ·
Yup, love 'Bama and open carry. Working out another hog hunt with the Colonel on the "Bama/Georgia line

#6 ·
:grin

not my fault the timber company hired out of state hog killing crews that week. Colonel says the hogs are back

#8 ·
You get hooked up with the Colonel yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.