Florida Concealed Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please lock this post due to unwanted comments.

5K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Steve48 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a conditioned Lodge ware 12or 14" dutch oven and a 12" Iron Skillet to donate to the Boy Scouts.
I live in N Ft Myers for collection.
In good condition I do not use them anymore.
:popcorn

#2 ·
I'm not close enough but those are very nice additions to any Troop or Crew gear and very commendable for you to think of the Scouts! :clap

#3 ·
damned good idea....

#4 ·
yes sir, some troop will put them to good use

#6 ·
Today they are just another organisation bowing to the political left.

If today's Eagle Scouts just read of the qualifications it took to be one 30 years ago, they'd faint!

An openly gay scout leader will be by shortly to pick them up I'm sure...

#7 · (Edited)
Unwanted comments deleted.

#9 ·
ive contacted a local girl scout troop leader (my daughters old troop)...they do a lot of outdoor camp activities and may be interested...they are just north of you in Englewood...i'll let you know...

#12 ·
#11 ·
her and her husband are very interested...they do a lot of great outdoor stuff with the girls...

pm sent with contact information....

#14 ·
This post was about donating stuff for the Scouts Nothing Else.
Kindly stop posting your grievances about them.
In fact can a moderator please lock this thread I have the info I need.

#16 · (Edited)
Unwanted comments deleted

#17 ·
Yes but you had a Dad in the house. During my childhood, boys living in single parent (Mother) homes were not welcome. No Dad, no scouts. The most FU logic ever.

Take the boys who need male role models and being taught the things that men pass on to boys, camping, fishing, shooting and so on and exclude those boys? Makes perfect sense. NOT!
Understood sir, sorry to hear that happened to you.

#19 ·
Good grief, like I said, a bunch of grumpy old men can now apparently even turn a gift thread into an argument. :(

Cyber you are the moderator of your own threads. I've seen you post a couple times 'please lock' this thread.
On bottom of thread you will see a tab for thread options in which you can lock your own threads if need be.

Yours is a kind offer and gift. Sorry to see it get lost amongst the naysayers.

#20 ·
Mirage,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I was in the scouts in the 70's (earned my Eagle in 1977). In our troop we had two moms without husbands. One was a widow with two sons. The other was a single mom with one son (don't know/recall whether divorced, widowed or what). All three boys were accepted in our troop. Never an issue.

Cyber, great gift a well seasoned iron skillet is a thing of beauty!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.