Florida Concealed Carry banner

Cz 75d Pcr

7K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  MRBARRY 
#1 ·
I opened a safe last night and dragged out the PCR, pulled the slide off and greased it with the gunslick, then loaded her up with some 124 grain +P Speer Gold Dots [ 14+1 in the gun and 14 more in the spare mag ]. Went into the holster box and found the K+D Defender Kevin built for me two years ago.

I replaced the plastic guiderod with a custom stainless machined by Steve Bedair out of Texas [ http://guiderod.com/ ] replaced the recoil spring with a Wolff 18# in lieu of the 17# factory [ I shoot 147's, not 115 ]; ordered 4 new Mec-Gar mags for it [ have six now ]; replaced the two factory mag springs with +5's from Wolff as well.

The grips were custom ordered from http://www.ghostholster.com/ in thin Cocobolo, fully checkered.

I really like this one. It points naturally and is ultra reliable through several hundred rds downrange last week. 14+1 147 gr Win Rangers reside in this one as well. 27 ozs unloaded with the aluminum frame and exactly 33.5 ozs loaded with 15 rds of 147 gr Rangers. Smaller than the G17, larger than the g26.

Here's a review I did on this gun with some pics of the custom thin grips I had made for it back in April of 07.

Range today for 2 1/2 hours in the desert: 500 rds

What this gun lacks, I can't say. I made some shots that astounded me with this brand new gun. Just one of those days when everything was "ON".

45 yd shot on a lizard on the bank, QK quick shot cut it in half. The lower half of the body fell down the bank. One of the guys witnessed the shot [ forum member beagles ], as I told him to check the lizard out on the bank first. Could not probably duplicate that shot again in 20 years.

The PCR ran with no malfs at all in the 500 rds. Had three misses out of the 500 rds fired. Drills included shooting double taps on the move laterally at the steel plates from 15 feet out in both directions; obliques left and right out of the kill zone, 6 and 10 foot hip shots with EU/ED and QK hip on two threats; QK from 15 yrds one and two handed; two guns firing at the same time [ the G17 trainer in the left "weak" hand ] on two seperate plates 10 feet apart; long shots out to 90 yrds, etc.

I'm very happy with this gun. It's instinctive pointing is just amazing, and the gun runs as well as my Glocks for reliability in that many rds.

This will be my new carry piece for the summer I'm sure. The aluminum framed CZ PCR with 15 rds of 147 grain weighs 32.4 ounces. Just two pounds fully loaded.

The g26 and G19 leather holsters I have are just right for this PCR. I have K+D making me a custom holster to my specs for this gun presently as well. 8 degree fbi cant [ normally 15 degrees ] and the best of two different models they make mated into just what I'm looking for.

My G26 is small, but no less in width on the hip where concealability is concerned. This CZ shoots a little easier [ easier to make quick hits ], than the G26 as well. A few ounces heavier but not enough to make any real difference in the heat of the summer.

If others have experience with or own one of these CZ PCR's, lets here your thoughts as well. I'd overlooked this little gem of a pistol for years, including all the CZ's in their lineup but thats over as of today. Hell of a gun, just one nice piece of equipment that helps you be your best from my experiences and IMO based on todays range session.

It can only get better from here with this pistol.

Here's the thread on my forum as well:

http://www.threatfocused.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869

Beagles confirmation on the shot on the lizard is post #5

"Yes...........Brownie was "ON" today. (Like every other day)

I witnessed the Lizard QK shot. I thought he was going to slow fire at it using sights, but he just pulled the pistol up into his line of sight and pulled the trigger and just like that cut the damn thing in half! I couldn't believe he made the shot! I watched the other half roll down the bank, too! All I can say is I wish I had it on Video because that was a once in a life time shot!

Anyone got some experience with the CZ line of pistols?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks RoadGlider,

Just back from breakfast with my wife after dropping the bike off for tuneup, oil change and new battery. The PCR in the K+D Defender hides very well even with a fairly tight T shirt. It's thinner than the glocks I normally carry and extremely comfortable on the waist.

I'll carry this one for a while and see how long it is before the Glocks call me again.

#6 ·
It's got a little over 600 through it presently. It's been sitting in a black hole for a few years and I decided to bring it out of retirement for awhile.

Rvrctyrngr,

I'm just the opposite, I dislike firearms that have manual safeties. I've seen people under some stress miss the safety on the draw, and it slows my times down ever so slightly to first shot.

#7 ·
I hear ya, Brownie. However, having smashed my hands/fingers in the ring, playing baseball, soccer, and getting bit by doggies,...I've got arthritis in every joint in both hands. A 'true' double action trigger just doesn't work all that well for me.

It's why I finally replaced my 2" wheelies with the Kahr.

I know I could deal with it when the flag goes up, but it's the practice that sux.

Speaking of speed....I'm watching Jerry Miculek on the tube right now. That man is NOT : censored human!!!!! .:ak

#8 ·
I hear ya on the hand strength/pain with the extra pounds of pull on that first shot. It's only a matter of time before I'm there myself through severe cuts to the fingers that have affected the tendons and nerves sir. I'm not looking forward to that day :(

#10 ·
Well, one day of carrying this PCR was an exercise in futility even as it carries sweeeet in the K+D holster and I didn't notice it was there all day, even in the 111 heat, I've stuck in back into the black hole and gone back to the G17 again for daily carry.

The G17 never got put away, just put out along with the PM9, Seecamp, NAA Pug, a 5 shot S+W revo that always stay at the ready/loaded around the house.

I really like the PCR, it's shoots with the best of them and little, if any recoil impulse, but I'm just going to have to admit that when it comes to full size SD guns, nothing takes the place of my G17, or the G21 and G30. :eek:

#11 · (Edited)
I got a PCR a year ago last July 5th and it's 1 of my 2 EDCs. Though I originally carried CorBon DPX 115gr+P I soon switched to 124gr+P GDHP (so I also practice with 124 grain rounds). I carry it in a Phaetos style 3-slotted holster made by UBG, http://www.ubgholsters.com/owb.htm. After 1 FTE in the 2nd mag through it has been flawless in just over 1650 rounds now.

My only "complaint" would be the DA trigger (not an uncommon problem, so I've read). It smoothed out some after 300 or so rounds but still could be better. I've decided earlier this month to bite the bullet and get a trigger job, but found out my gunsmith has been deployed till January, so it'll have to wait.

I'm thinking about replacing the CT grips I put on it (yeah, I know:rolleyes:) with Marschal Grips, http://www.marschalgrips.com/?content=CZ-models. I have some Zebra-wood grips from him on another pistol and he really does good work. However ergonomically speaking, laser or not, the CT grips make the PCR feel more natural in my hand than the stock ones did, something I wouldn't have thought possible. And I've found their rubber overmold construction less likely to stick to my clothes than the rubber grips of the stock PCR, making my draw smoother. So I guess the wooden grips are just an idea for now.

The PCR conceals well and very comfortably on me and I have complete confidence it'll go bang if/when needed. I would recommend it should anyone ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.