Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For your preparations

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Endangered Species View Post
    The Amish will be laughing at us.
    Where will they buy their carbon fiber springs for their buggies?
    Life Member National Rifle Association
    Life Member Illinois State Rifle Association
    Member Parents of Murdered Children

Project Hope

http://www.prohope.net/

The reason that we argue is not to be right, but to come closer to the truth.

People talk about sophisticated missiles to deliver an A-bomb? I bet Iran has a delivery system to reach Israel now.
    Don't have to be too complicated to come inland by water,even.

How big a ship would be needed to use this same system from the Ocean, straight West to DC?

The problem with that scenario, Iran would be rapidly cooling glass, an hour later, all of it.

Can any Country have that many mental leaders to do that?
    Be Safe.

According to the following link:

http://www.survivalblog.com/2007/04/...ange_of_n.html

The effective range of an EMP blast would be less than 300 miles. It would be longer if the EMP can travel along power lines. (still undetermined at this point)

Anything outside the blast radius that is not on the grid would probably be spared. Since I'm about 900 miles from DC, I'm not gonna worry much.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition;
    And gentlemen in England now-a-bed Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
    And hold their manhoods cheap while any speaks That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post

The effective range of an EMP blast would be less than 300 miles. It would be longer if the EMP can travel along power lines. (still undetermined at this point)

Anything outside the blast radius that is not on the grid would probably be spared. Since I'm about 900 miles from DC, I'm not gonna worry much.
    Remember, they are lousy shots!

Project Hope

Iran is crazy, not stupid. Our ICBMs are protected from EMPs. Retaliation would be swift and devastating. Not even the crazy Ayatollahs are that stupid.

Well, maybe they are.... These are the same type of guys that don't let women drive because it damages their ovaries...

Distinguished Member Endangered Species's Avatar
    What makes anyone think this administration would launch a nuke at a Muslim country?
    "In routine encounters with law enforcement, a citizen should not have to weigh the likelihood that the officer will decide to shoot him dead. That's about as basic a standard for civilized society as one can muster."

- Mark Steyn

Distinguished Member mirage2521's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater View Post
    Iran is crazy, not stupid. Our ICBMs are protected from EMPs. Retaliation would be swift and devastating. Not even the crazy Ayatollahs are that stupid.

Well, maybe they are.... These are the same type of guys that don't let women drive because it damages their ovaries...
    You missing the most important point, the world ending is a blaze of Muslim induced glory is a good thing. It means the second coming of their prophet or whatever. Last Iranian President stated it was going to happen she he was president. These people want to die for their cause.
    Up to a point a man's life is shaped by environment, heredity, and movements and changes in the world about him; then there comes a time when it lies within his grasp to shape the clay of his life into the sort of thing he wishes to be. ... Everyone has it within his power to say, this I am today, that I shall be tomorrow
    Louis Dearborn L'Amour

You may now carry on with your absurd non-directional bantering.
    Yocan

If Obama is the answer, it must have been a stupid question.

Distinguished Member
    These people want to die for their cause.
    And I'm willing to help them,,,,,

Project Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post

I say with all due respect to a fellow Lakelander, we know the above statement is wrong.

Starfish Prime/Operation Fishbowl

TL;DR: High altitude nuke tests by US govt in 1960s knocked out electrical systems in Hawaii, nearly 1,500 miles **EDIT: meant kilometers, actually about 900 miles** away from the detonation site.

Read One Second After for a fictional account based on the science of the Starfish Prime event.
    Last edited by Webster; 10-04-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    "They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." Isaiah 2:4

Until then:
    EDC: Walther PPS --- 5.56 RIFLE: IWI Tavor, FDE 18"

Thanks for those link Webster, I'd not seen this before. Interesting read
    The mind is the limiting factor

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Sposors