Florida Concealed Carry banner

Is .38 CCI Shotshell still being made?

12K views 66 replies 16 participants last post by  R2D2 
#1 ·
Curious because I have been looking for some and everywhere I looked is sold out with no back orders.

#5 ·
It is around, I have used near 100 rounds this past six weeks. Spotty to find it. Last buy for me was Walmart, here in SC.
I'm down to my last six rounds, I hope there are only five snakes left.

#7 ·
You might be able to find the empty capsules and reload your own using some #9s or 8.5s It is easy and what I do (and a LOT cheaper)

#9 ·
"CCI shot cartridges are produced in a seasonal production run and have not been discontinued.

#12 · (Edited)
#13 ·
Thanks R2D2. I really haven't gotten off my butt and looked in the LGS, I have just been watching online. I appreciate it but I don't want to take anyone's supply since right now they are in limited supply. I was just looking for 2 boxes. One to try and one to keep for any varmints that it may be effective for.

#14 ·
HELP

OK, now they are out, as well as every LGS in Flagler and Volusia counties. I have checked dozens of on-line dealers without even a hint when they may be back in stock. I do have a buddy in AZ checking some LGS there for me.

I even tried emailing CCI to see if they knew of who stocked them and all they could tell me is that they still make them but would not confirm any stock or when a new manufacturing date run might be in the works.

Does anyone know of stock in the 357/38 flavor or if anyone does reloads of them and willing to sell me 50 rounds.

I am down to my last 10 rounds and work at a golf course, mostly in the wooded areas and around lakes, so this is important to me. THANKS

#16 ·
#15 ·
R2D2,

I don't have a Type 06 FFL so I can't sell you my reloads, but I do have some empty Speer shot capsules (blue) if you want them... or I have 74 yellow shot capsules (unknown mfr) filled with ~ 100grs of shot I can let go... You'd have to find someone local to you to stick them in casings, add the primer, powder & crimp (i.e. I have the "shot" payloads, but not finished rounds.)

If interested shoot me a PM & we can figure out pricing, method of shipment etc... (I'll be in NC until mid-October).

Allan

#18 ·
This is the email I got from CCI/Speer.

Scott, this ammunition is still being made, it is just not ordered as often as some of the other rounds of ammunition and this makes it hard to find on the shelves.

Make Every Shot Count!
Justin M.
CCI/Speer
2299 Snake River Ave
Lewiston, ID. 83501

#33 ·
I got this one

Joe, we make ammunition to order and this round is not orderedas often as some of the other rounds of ammunition and if makes it hard to findon the shelves. I have no way to tell when the next run will be made.

Make Every Shot Count!
Justin M.
CCI/Speer
2299 Snake River Ave
Lewiston, ID. 83501
[/QUOTE]

#24 ·
Couple feet, don't try shooting at birds lol!

#27 ·
The shorter the barrel the better as the rifling makes the shot spin, causing it to spread due to centrifugal force. The shorter the barrel the less spin, the tighter the pattern... I used to shoot rats with a 2" .22 taurus. After a thousand rounds or so the barrel was so leaded that it was effectively a smooth bore, giving me tighter patterns...

If it were me I take a snubbie any day over a 4" or 6" gun...

Allan

#48 ·
#52 ·
Palmetto State Armory looks like they just got some stock

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/cci-shotshell-38-special-357-magnum-10rds-3709.html

Now I have it coming from all direction :2thumsup

Get them while they're hot boys:dancingbanana
Well Palmetto canceled my order and refunded my money after 2 weeks. It seems that I found a glitch in their computer system and they never had any of the older style in stock.

Fortunately birdman here on the site was willing to sell me some of the plastic capsules and I was able to have a friend do a load for me but I am still looking to place an order if anyone hear that this is back in stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.