Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OWB Holster suggestions for XDS

OWB Holster suggestions for XDS

So I've always carried IWB and am very familiar with most of the common offerings in this arena, but would like to get something small and thin to wear the XDS OWB as well.

(and before Sully gets wound up, I've got an IWB on order from Panther, but would like something leather for OWB)

Any suggestions? I've been looking at slides and pancakes, but want experienced opinions. Obviously looking for the best-concealing option out there - something that keeps the gun close.
    - Brian

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

CWFL
    NRA Member

Why leather?
    "beta tester should be your screen name" ~Wizzy

ALL HOLSTERS QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE

Because I'm a dirty, dirty boy... (but mostly because I just want it)
    - Brian

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

CWFL
    NRA Member

If you insist... then keep it cheap. After you get that panther you wont want the leather one again

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    If you insist... then keep it cheap. After you get that panther you wont want the leather one again
    Oh, I'm cheap too.
    - Brian

CWFL
    NRA Member

Then wait for your panther to show up. Trust me between it and the size of that XDs, iwb wont be an issue

for an OWB I prefer my High Noon Yaqui Slide for my full size Govt. 1911, it's thin & basic, with adjustable tension, & it doesnt leave a bulge between your belt & your side. jmo

Get off the wallet a little and get a DM Bullard from texas, bodyguard model, fbi can't great leather and build. I have several and the XDS rides well in the Glock 19 holster. No problems. These holsters hold close to body, I use for commander size 1911, Kahr PM45, 3" 1911, etc. Good stuff and lots in stock.

I also have three of their belts too. Very classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark1007 View Post
    Get off the wallet a little and get a DM Bullard from texas, bodyguard model, fbi can't great leather and build. I have several and the XDS rides well in the Glock 19 holster. No problems. These holsters hold close to body, I use for commander size 1911, Kahr PM45, 3" 1911, etc. Good stuff and lots in stock.

I also have three of their belts too. Very classy.
    I wouldn't recommend Bullard for the XDs. Friend of mine ordered one from them. Was not made for the XDs. Was a re-stamped M&P Shield holster.
    Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
    -Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes
    Brown v. United States, 1921

...against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic.

Actually, I was mostly joking about being cheap. My other holsters have traditionally been Comp-Tac, Crossbreed, Milt Sparks, etc...

I just got an email last night from Jim saying that he was working on my Panther IWB, so I'll probably hold off until that comes in before picking up an OWB.

I like to have options, and OWB is just so damned comfortable, so I'll still end up picking one up. Slides seem to be the simplest, paddles the easiest to mount/dismount, pancakes the best at ?, and so on... Which type would you guys generally consider best at concealment for OWB?
    - Brian

CWFL
    NRA Member

Sposors