Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: canemasters Self Defense Canes

BTTT for new members
    The mind is the limiting factor

Stay Sharp

Brownie

What was that cane brand I saw here a while back. It was sko fiberglass material. The demo video showed two guys standing on the cane between 2 bricks, and another guy whacking a watermelon in half. Just can't remember the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by flappininthebreeze View Post
    What was that cane brand I saw here a while back. It was sko fiberglass material. The demo video showed two guys standing on the cane between 2 bricks, and another guy whacking a watermelon in half. Just can't remember the brand.
    Post 2 here?

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Yes. It was a share info post like this one, not somebody advertising. Just looked like an interesting product, can't recall the brand.

Distinguished Member bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZO6Vettever View Post
    I use a hickory "stockman's cane". It's heavy and would definatly do the job if needed. I bought it on line from a farm supply for under $15. with the shipping. I like the idea of being able to choose between lethal or non lethal. Kind of makes my gun the back up weapon.
    i use the same...available at tractor supply for $11.99...sturdy unthreatening hardwood cane....
    Top Dog Wannabe....

"the two most important days of your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why"...mark twain

"a ship in harbor is safe. but thats not what ships are built for."
    john a shedd

keep moving...if you make em believe youre crazier than they are theyd have to be a fool to stick around and find out what youre capable of...me...

pink is the new black....

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    i use the same...available at tractor supply for $11.99...sturdy unthreatening hardwood cane....
    I left the one I had in a shopping cart and haven't found another. It was a full 1 1/4" and like a long LEO's nightstick! I use a lighter weight one now with a Bald Eagle solid brass end or my "homie run" converted solid maple baseball bat. I got it on e bay as an unfinished, just off the lathe bat. The fat end had a 1" X 2" long "nub" on it that a cane foot fit. It works very good as a cane and haven't used it for self defense but am sure it would work pretty good. I call it "homie run cane" because if that don't make homie run I think have reason to fear for my life. All jokes aside, I would rather whack somebody's legs than double tap my 45 into their center body mass. You Tube has a ton of self defense cane lessons. My favorite is simply holding the crook end while raising the cane to get a grip closer to the bottom with your other hand and smashing it to the BG's little boys. While he's bent over a good solid head shot will close the deal. Also, I have never had a LEO question my Louisville Slugger cane. In court I probably would be in hot water.
    Sent from my rotary phone.

Remember, we're all on the same side!
    Assault a senior will get you a minimum of 3 years, pursuant to Florida statutes, should you survive.
    US Army Vet Dec.1965 - Dec.1971

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flappininthebreeze View Post
    Cold Steel City Stick. I have one. Love it.

http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/91S...INUM_HEAD.aspx

• "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Yup, the city stick is very strong. I've got two of them, one still NIB that I found recently when moving stuff in the storage shed. I don't like the weighted ball at the end of it though. It keeps it from being even acceptably balanced, but then I use a cane/walking stick in a manner that is a little different than the city sticks mission statement. Don't take much tapping with that knob to put someone in a world of hurt though.

Stay Sharp

Brownie

Distinguished Member High Seas Drifter's Avatar
    Funny because I also have a backup, NIB.

I really wish I could find a hook-handle for it. They used to make them that way.
    • "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Here is the canemaster's website for self defense canses

http://www.canemasters.com/

Here's the cane I bought years ago and travel with.

Brownie
    Oh wow! I've owned this exact cane for a few years now. It will put a world of hurt on someone.
    When the music stops playing, I don't want to be caught without a chair.

Sposors