Thread: Teaching the ccw class

Teaching the ccw class

Hello, my name is cliff. I am new to this for Forum I *have tried searching but cannot seem to find what I'm looking for. I am a 20 year law-enforcement veteran still actively working here in Brevard County I would like to teach the CCW class, but I'm not sure what license I need to do that. I'm currently a firearms instructor*for my department and have thousands of hours of training. Thanks for any help.*

QUESTION 6
    Florida law requires you to submit proof of competency with a firearm in order to qualify for a concealed weapon license. A
    copy of a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION or similar document from any of the following courses or classes is acceptable:
     any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or
    a similar agency in another state;
     any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
    any firearm safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement agency,
    junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors
    certified by the National Rifle Association, the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the
    Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
     any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special
    deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;

This is from the Florida website.
     any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified instructor or by an instructor certified by
    the National Rifle Association.
    The copy of the training certificate/document must be clear and legible. The certificate/document must include your name, the
    instructor's name, the instructor's signature, and the instructor's certification number.

Other acceptable forms of training documentation include the following:
     documentary evidence of experience with a firearm obtained through participation in organized shooting competition;
     active-duty military personnel may submit copies of any of the following documents that confirm your experience with a
    firearm gained during your service: military orders including call to active-duty letter; a statement of military service signed
    by, or at the direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters which identifies
    you and provides your date of entry on your current active-duty period;
     former military personnel can submit a DD Form 214 reflecting honorable discharge from military service.
    DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL TRAINING DOCUMENTS OR OTHER RELATED MATERIALS TO THE DIVISION.
    BTTBBOB
    President & Chief Instructor
    South Florida Gun School
    www.sflagunschool.com
    Facebook Page- South Florida Gun School

"Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense."
    - John Adams
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

Welcome to the Forum Cliff maybe this will help or get you started.
    http://www.nrahq.org/law/training/recertification.asp
    NRA Member
    Florida Carry Member

Thanks

Sposors