Florida Concealed Carry banner

Tampa says 2-3 weeks...

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  FearNot 
#1 ·
It took a couple of weeks for my appointment, but I visited the Tampa office today. I was in and out in less than 25 mins.. When I was done the gentleman said "you'll have your card in 2-3 weeks". I said "really?"

I say that because I'm one of those lucky guys that gets a "delay" about 80% of the time I buy a firearm. A couple days later and I get my gun, but I never get a reason for the delay. It got annoying enough so I filled out voluntary appeal so I could get a UPIN. That hasn't happened yet....its a 5 month process I guess. Either way, the past couple of purchases have gone smoothly.

I guess my question is, did the Tampa office do the background check? They seemed very confident this was a done deal...is it? I'm no felon, no bad marks...just this nagging habit of getting delays. I've been sweating it.. What did Tampa really do today other take my app, prints, pic, etc

Can someone put me at ease?

eally

#5 ·
False... They cash that check right away... Regardless if you're approved or not, it's nonrefundable

#6 ·
Hello, and welcome from Palm Harbor!

I did my permit stuff at the Tampa office as well, back in Sept '11. When you mail it, they say up to 6 wks, but the guy at the office told me it usually takes about 3 wks when done at a regional office. I did mine on Thurs 9-1-11, and it was in my mailbox on Wed 9-14-11, one day shy of 2 weeks. Hopefully, your turnaround time will be just as quick. And yes, people really do the Wally Walk. Just out of curiosity, have you decided on an EDC?

Good luck!

#7 ·
Just call this number and enter your info and it will tell you the status of your license....

1 (850) 245-5691

#8 ·
I think they must be adding bodies to the processing units at DoA, even mailing mine in it only took 31 days to arrive in my mailbox.
I had heard horror stories about it taking 4 to 5 months during election years when the mad rush starts.

Too bad I have more guns that I want than funds to buy them all.

#10 ·
Do you have a number for the Orlando office? The next available appointment in Tampa is June 18th! (which I took)

#13 ·
I got an appointment for the Tampa office yesterday - June 18th! Think I'll mail mine in also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.